Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesScanning

My 1st Matterport 3D Tour>Your Suggestions to Improve My Scanning/Trimming?12308

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I noticed this request for help from @VirtualProAlbania in the WGAN Forum discussion:

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself

Starting its own discussion for feedback.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VirtualProAlbania
Hello everyone.

Our company is based in Tirana, Albania.
Matterport technology got my attention since November 2019. ... I received my new Matterport Pro2 Camera and have tested it in-house, and I really got surprised for its quality.
I have just finished my first project and contracted 4 others. Also a major project (which I am concerned about it’s large size) is waiting to be signed.

I have learned a lot from this wonderful forum...

Here is my first ever project for a showroom:

(I would be very glad if you let me know anything that catches your eye)

Thank you again & I like this community.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Nice scan.

Try to think in terms of who is going to use the tour. Scan where someone would want to stand and look. In this particular case you don't have scans in front of the merchandise.

I'd also have disabled "blur faces" because it took out the marketing by the changing rooms.

Once you have a few scans away from the door (like 3 to 5) you can shut the door behind you. And at the end if you wanted you can come back and scan with the door shut near there. I use this sometimes to get past or deal with doors that all open into the same space. You'll have to play with it as nothing is fool proof.

This is a reasonably small space so I would have increased my scan density. I also would put a matter tag at the front door if you are going to start your tour outside. Usually I start my tours just inside the front door and I deal with outside using 360 photos that I place on the map.

Anything under 10K s/f is a piece of cake on the right iPad. I did 83K s/f last week and had to split into two models after about 75K s/f and 1100 scans.

If you want a space to look big, scan in the corners and also the center of the room. If you are dealing with a large space and a bunch of tiny areas (doctor's office) you can scan once in an exam room as nobody is going to spend much time in there in a tour.

Always try to get a scan in front of a window if there is something interesting to see on the other side of it. Again, imagine that you are a person touring the space. If you would stand and look out the window, the camera should too.

Nice job and I hope these tips help. I am by no means a guru or expert at MP, I started a couple of months ago. But I have done quite a bit of overflow work for someone else. I'd be curious how you are selling it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?