Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
24/7 Open House Virtual ToursCOVID19InmanResearchStatisticsTrends

7 emerging real estate trends in the new normal (affected Matterport Pros)12292

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Inman (17 June 2020) 7 emerging real estate trends in the new normal

Hi All,

Matterport Service Providers will benefit from "7 emerging real estate trends in the new normal" identified in this Inman article (above).

24/7 Open House Virtual Tours will help facilitate these residential real estate trends.

The Inman article has a lot of discussion on this topic (and likely drew from The Wall Street Journal article - Remote Work Could Spark Housing Boom - published on 1 June 2020.

1. Recognizing pricing trends using ‘high intent’ metrics
2. Resuburbanization
3. Migration from apartments to single-family residences
4. A tsunami of rightsizing
5. Mortgage interest rates at 2.5 percent?
6. Office consolidation
7. ‘Cash flow is the oxygen of business’

I encourage you to read the entire Inman article.

What are your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

---

Free 90 day trial of Inman with this WGAN Affiliate Code
Post 1 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
I've spoken to some folks from the New York area who said there was a lot of movement out of the city going on. I imagine this might have some demographic tie as some groups (millennials?) won't give up city living when their morbidity rates aren't significant. A lot of other inner city factors at work right now too.

I'd think there may be a financial impact felt unevenly across income groups with lower income folks hit hardest (fewer first homes). While at the same time REITs may go through the roof in acquisition mode on lower cost housing should availability increase pretty much anywhere (in the cities). Though pretty much anything under 200K is gone in a flash anyway.

With remote work came an easy to see ROI for business. The pain is taking the first steps. Structure, tech, policy changes. But since Covid forced it the time and money have been spent. Remote was coming regardless. But I think it got a 2 to 3 year advance from Covid. Long term? It takes a while for Americans to forget (but they do). I've also found remote work is wonderful...... for a while. After a year or so some age groups, and personality types, miss being together in a workplace and start seeking it out again. We'll see what happens in that regard. Be interesting to see what new structure emerges as a blend of some kind.

Don't know about the "tsunami of rightsizing" part. Rightsizing is usually downsizing. Right now prices aren't up most places. Downsizers tend to hold for a return if they can tolerate the carrying costs of the wait. Boomers are around in large numbers and will continue to downsize. But fewer are. More than any other generation (I think) they are choosing to age in place and in many cases have become multi-generational households with adult kids.

I haven't read the Inman article but will check it out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101436 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?