Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneHow ToVideo

Video: How to Shoot Real Estate Videos | Basics12286

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: How to Shoot Real Estate Videos | Basics | Video courtesy of BorrowLenses YouTube Channel | 24 May 2020

From the BorrowLenses YouTube Channel:

Delivering quality content for real estate is more crucial now than ever before. Professional photos are a must, 3D Tours are becoming more and more popular, but video can engage an audience like no other.

In just under nine minutes, we’ll cover the entire process of real estate video production; from concept, camera and wide angle lens selection, to lighting, shooting, and editing so you can start creating real estate video that makes an impact.

1:24 - What is the purpose of a real estate video?
2:17 - How to shoot real estate videos
4:11 - What is the best wide angle lens for real estate videos?
4:42 - What is the best camera for real estate videos?
6:00 - Do you need a light for real estate videos?
6:23 - How to edit real estate videos
7:18 - How to use music in real estate videos

Source: BorrowLenses YouTube Channel

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Fmodjr1913 private msg quote post Address this user
Great video. I and gaining experience with adding video to my real estate packages and tend to agree with most of what is said here. I am wondering if anyone is using drones for interiors. I only recently considered it when DJI release the mavic mini. I fly a mavic Pro 2 and wouldn't want to be launching it indoors. But from what I see online, flying the mini indoors may be a possibility. I know I would be sacrificing some video quality considering the camera is not up to par. But if you could get fluid shots and decent lighting then maybe it is a possibility. Thoughts.
Post 2 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
As a commercial drone photographer, I would offer these reasons why a drone offers no advantage over a gimbal for interior video:
1) More complex to set up and prepare; more expensive.
2) You can't fly the drone while shooting good video - it is simply not possible to do it safely - i.e.; you need two people: one to fly and one to shoot
3) Risky - if you are trying to do both, I guarantee that sooner or later (probably sooner) you will run into a wall or furniture and you will then be liable for the damage and repairs not to mention the damage to your reputation among real estate agents.
4) As you pointed out, the quality will not be as good: not enough dynamic range to play with, not enough flexibility in the settings available to handle different situations, more work to do in post processing.
Last: think about how you will be perceived by a real estate agent or the owner when they see you attempt to fly a drone around the interior of their high-end property with expensive furnishings - do you think it will earn you respect as a professional photographer?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Fmodjr1913
@EaglePrecision

I started a new WGAN Forum discussion using your two posts here:

Should you - could you - use a drone to capture video INSIDE a space?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101630 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?