Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Eyespy360Insta360 Pro 2Live Chat

Seaking honest opinions about my latest 360Tour (Which I am not hapy about)12281

WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I have been doing 360 Tours with the Insta 360 One X camera using the Matterport caption and processing them thrue Matterport, and then send them to EyeSpy360 platform to process them on TaaS and take use of their "Live Chat" feature.

For some reason latelly I am not happy with the final product, I don't think the defenitation of the camera is good, some of the pictures have a lot of grain on them and some even seam to be out of focus.

I don't think I am going "mental", but I am sending a link of my last job, and would appreciate if you could give me your honest opinion about the Tour and if the problems I have mentioned are expected or not.

clickable text

Thank you so much, All the best,
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if it's in the processing or just that it's an Insta 360 camera, but out of focus or just super grainy, either way, the image quality is unsellable in my opinion. I would recommend to start with a Pro2 or at a minimum, a Theta Z1.
Post 2 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
I had a similar experience with a Theta V. It was not up to the quality of the Pro2. clickable text

Check out this other thread from WGAN for a side by side. I received my Pro2 today and can’t wait to get it out into the Wild.

Cheers
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Thank you,

I agree a Pro2 as a much better quality, and I am thinking in buying it, but my concern is that at the moment I am seling 360 Tours from EyeSpy360 with the Live Chat feature, and correct me if I am wrong, but with the Pro2 I am not able to do 360 Photos, correct?
Post 4 IP   flag post
808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
@Pedrotex69 You can grab 360 photo-spheres from the Matterport model after it is processed. If you are doing tours for business (not residential) you can upload the model to Google then using another 3rd party software like gothru .co then you grab the 360's from Google and will get twice the resolution.
Post 5 IP   flag post
4096 x 2048 from Matterport
8192 x 4096 from Google
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@808virtually are you saying matterport has dumbed down quality? This is eye opening to say the least.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@GETMYVR Been that way for years.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Pedrotex69 EyeSpy360 can be created with any 360 camera...including the pro2. I only did a few EyeSpy360 tours and decided against moving forward with it for reasons other than the quality of images with the pro2. Here's one of a them that I did to test the pro2 with the platform: clickable text
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
The tour at some points froze for me. The house itself and pool are awesome. I wish the eyespy360 icons at the bottom we're larger.
Post 10 IP   flag post
richardbollands private msg quote post Address this user
Hi to everyone in this thread, I've not started my virtual tour business yet and won't be using Matterport as part of my business model. The photo quality with the OneX looks Ok I guess but somewhat grainy - are you using the camera on auto HDR or bracketed with multi shots to get the best darkness / light and contrast from your shots?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Hi Richard,

I have been using it in RAW.
Post 12 IP   flag post
richardbollands private msg quote post Address this user
@pedrotex69 I don't know the Matterport process, but do they optimise the pictures like you would do manually in say Lightroom or Paintshop Pro?
Post 13 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
@808virtually or could it be that google is just upsampling the images ? (via AI or other normal upsampling methods)
Post 14 IP   flag post
@aerialpixels I do not believe so. The resolution is the same, 600dpi. Here are examples.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oh483cnw5pdf8pf/AAAq6dlKonV5oL-_bzq37GOpa?dl=0

Photosphere from Google
Size – 8192 x 4096
Resolution – 600 dpi
Google Maps Link https://goo.gl/maps/jehfRYadhNcvT6ZU7

Photosphere from Matterport
Size – 4096 x 2048
Resolution – 600 dpi
Matterport Link https://808virtually.com/3d-model/waikiki-beach-marriott-queens-suite/fullscreen/

I used P2VR to load them on a sample webpage.
https://808virtually.com/photo-sphere-sample/
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you wait for tiles to load it is not all that blurry. It is actually not that bad considering resolution of an Insta360 OneX.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101435 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?