Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET)
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Blue LinesGoogle Business ListingGoogle Local GuidesGoogle Street ViewGSVInside Tours

How to connect Google Street View "Blue-Line" to a GSV business tour?12238

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago I asked for help with software and how to update a 7 year old street veiw. I used a Theta Z1, I did 20 shots, battery life not very good on Theta Z1, I was down to 20% so not very good and not really happy going to add exteral battery like others recommended.

This project was a freebee so no post processing done. I used Panoskin Pro and laid out google street view with 17 photos.

It took almost 3 weeks for GSV to update the street view, GREAT news. But this portion of the road will not tie into the cross street even though I took several shots into street with the hope it would tie into the model made by Google with the GSV vehicle.

I have waited and no automated linking of the two models. I sent GSV support a request to merge the two models got nothing in the way of a response and still not tied together any suggestions?

Thank you
Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You want to link your street view tour with a car Street View(blue line)? That's not allowed.

Only your blue line created on a street/road in GSV mode can be connected to other blue lines.
GSV mode is a video mode, not picture. You record a video by driving/riding/walking in a special GSV mode and submit it to Google as video. They strip frames from it at specific intervals and create a blue line from it.

Google had this feature for inside tours that allowed to go from a blue line into somebody's place inside tour but it has been long gone. Occasionally an inside tour can be linked to a blue line but it happens only by accident.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman I could have sworn that at the GSV conference in San Francisco they talked about being able to connect to street view if you were adding or update a street. This is the street thru the complex. In this case there was a connected street view but it was 7-8 years old. This was an apartment complex with the owner wanting a more updated view for his webpage. But all said and done I was worried about exactly what you said and it appears to be exactly what the problem is. Thanks for the feedback.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have only been a Google Street View Trusted for about 2 years. By the time I joined it stopped working that way. I have one tour done when from one spot you can jump from a business internal space to a google street view blue line but it looks like a bug.
I have seen people asking about it on Google local guides connect boards. Most replies are usually "it does not work that way anymore"

I have Pano2VR Pro and tried to join inside tour with a blue line. There is simply no option to connect them. In fact you cannot connect to any tour that is not done by you(under your local guide profile). Yours though you can join in any way you want. So if you walked on a road and created a tour for that path and there is close by the business tour that's done by you they can be joined together.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, Google is updating their blue lines views in 360 with pins. Now when you are in a blue line mode and near places with GMB or place listings their pins are shown in 360 on relevant addresses. So they start doing some connections between blue lines and GMB listings. However for now it is just a pin. If you hover over it it will show a business name and rating only, if you click it will open a relevant GMB Listing.

That's may be just a first step and they are going to link blue lines with inside tours as a next step.
Post 5 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Wingman

I found this place you shared on Google Maps and for me I cannot see this places pins on maps.

https://goo.gl/maps/KPqKhAZGb5HFDsG59

Do you see this pin on all Street View?

Thanks for the info.

Takeda
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Yes, it seems to be worldwide. I can see them locally(to me) in Brisbane, Australia and I have just checked some streets in NY, USA and I can see these pins visible from blue lines in there too.

Not sure why they are not shown to you. It does not seem to be a map user location related since I see them in USA.

I believe I first saw them appearing on google maps about 3 days ago.

Google can do them as a part of their AR nav but that's may be how we can get that see inside tour transition back from a blue line as it used to be.

If they do it we may be getting a better selling point for 360 business tours for google maps.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Very nice to know.

I am located on Brazil and I cannot see it on maps yet. Nowhere in the planet. Maybe it's based on your location, not on the maps location. But maybe it will be updated here in the future.

I agree that this is a great selling point for Street View.

Thanks for sharing!

Takeda
IMG360
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Actually I can see them on google maps in Rio De Janeiro too. However they seem to be badly aligned with actual business listing locations and appear on the ground.

Check this one if you can see it https://goo.gl/maps/YdQdcRroUXtDKs2y6

And here is a screenshot

do not They do not seem to appear straight away there once you are in GSV mode. You need to point to the ground to see the directional icon for GSV. Once the icon appears you should see the pins shown on my screenshoot.

On my local maps though the pins seem to appear straight away once I enter GSV.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hi @Wingman,

I cannot see this pins yet.

But this is a great news for Google Maps, My Business and Street View.

No problem, sometimes things in Brazil take a little longer to be launched.

Anyway it's a great news for us.

Many thanks,

Takeda
IMG360
Post 10 IP   flag post
101749 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?