Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceEmbed.lyHow ToMatterportMuseumsShopping Cart

How enable a shopping cart within a Matterport MatterTag? (Help please)12231

Virtualflip private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, nice to meet you all. We are a Matterport Service Partner in Chile.
My name is Gastón.

I have a question for a project if you could help me.

A client wants us to make a virtual store for their products, but the thing is that they want that when people click the link in a Mattertag to buy a product, the product is added to the shopping cart in their page and the link does not takes the client out of the model.

Have any of you seen this before? Is it possible?

Thanks a lot!

Gastón
Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
You'd have to use a link in the Mattertag.

Use the HREF for new window to keep them in the model.

From there things get sticky. The shopping cart is going to need to be persistent (able to keep contents for a bit) and need to be able to except an insert argument via querystring.

At the end of the day, all the shopping cart does is store a list of items, quantities, prices, and the browser or user who selected them. In that sense, it should be easy to customize the "we've added your item to your shopping cart experience."

That said, e-commerce has gotten complicated in the pursuit of a slick browser session. Wish I could tell you it was simpler, but it's going to be dependent on the shopping cart they are running.

You might start the flow by having the user sign in first and then give them the link to the model with product shopping in it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Virtualflip

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

While I do not have experience with MatterTags + Shopping Cart, I wonder if the solution is using Embed.ly (since Matterport MatterTags are compatible with Embed.ly).

For example, I (just) found shoplocket in the Embedly directory. Perhaps this shopping service would work for you/your client?

Is this helpful?

Just heading out the door ...

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks a lot for the response.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do use insert HREF code if mattertag asks for a https:// link?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thanks for the welcome!

Will look into this.

Have a good weekend,

Gastón
Post 5 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
HREF is the actual HTML code....

There is an option in links to create a new browser when the visitor clicks it. You need to look that up and use it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod : I think that shoplocket is down since a long time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Virtualflip Hi Gastón,

We've previously done some research on this and the short answer is 'it's tricky'.

The best answer would be a custom SDK+web development that has model on a page as well as the shopping cart, and the tag links cause the shopping cart to update and show the user without taking them away from the page. I haven't seen this done yet, but it's possible.

Coming back to standard functionality, you can definitely link from a tag to an external URL that adds the product to a shopping cart. This is what our Automated Tag Import service helps with - allowing you to set all this up in a spreadsheet and import it into the tags.

But this takes them out of the tour for the shopping cart. If you then click more product links, it will open more browser windows - even if the cart platform is smart enough to put them into one cart, it's a bit untidy.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hi, @HomePlanNZ,

Thanks for the information.
I think we will have to wait for Matterport to launch a feature to better integrate shopping carts.

Best.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101428 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?