Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360BOXBROWNIE.COMRicoh Theta Z1TutorialVideo

Video: How To Photograph A Virtual House Tour [Bracketing]12211

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: How To Photograph A Virtual House Tour | Video courtesy of BoxBrownie.com | 9 June 2020

Hi All,

If you are using a 360 1-click camera - such as a Ricoh Theta Z1 - this tutorial shows how important bracketing is to getting the lighting right: inside and outside.

For a house with awesome views - like the house used in this demo with ocean views - bracketing is essential.

---

Here are the tech notes for the bracketing demo from the BoxBrownie.com YouTube Channel:

For this tutorial, we will be using the Ricoh Z1 and we will be taking bracketed shots to ensure we can capture the breathtaking outlook without losing both the internal and external focus.

By using the bracketing technique, we will be capturing many different exposures which we can then blend together using our 360 Image Enhancement service.

In this case, we will be programming each bracket manually, and below is a list of the setting we will be using.

1) Pair your 360 Ricoh Z1 camera with the Theta app which is available on both the App Store and Google Play.
2) Select the “cog” icon in the top right-hand corner
3) Set the Shooting Method to “Multi Bracket”
4) Set the Self-timer to “10sec”
5) Set the File Format to “JPEG”
6) Next, your image size should be set to “670x3360” (or the highest number possible on your device). Please note, this can’t be changed in multi-bracket mode.
7) Once you have adjusted these settings simply select “Done” in the top right-hand corner
8) Then, click the “+” button to set your first bracket
9) Set the Aperture to 5.6, Shutter Speed to 1/3200, ISO to 100 and WB to 5600K then simply select “Done”
10) You can then repeat steps 8 and 9 so you finish with 7 brackets at the following shutter speeds

Shutter Speeds:

• 1/3200
• 1/1250
• 1/640
• 1/320
• 1/160
• 1/50
• 1/13

11) Now each time you take a photo it will shoot 7 photos automatically at the different exposures that you have programmed here.

---

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
The shutter speeds seem to be somewhat random. Is there some method behind them?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@denlee

BoxBrownie.com Co-Founder Brad Filliponi emailed me the following:

----
Reason for Bracketing that way is that it is completely custom and yes it is somewhat random… But it suits that homes light perfectly for what I needed.

I have a cooler technique now for the outside that I have taught myself, so future blogs will show this off better.

That home has very soft & harsh lighting conditions and I am a fan of creating custom brackets where I can & getting the right photo data I need to make the edit work… I’m taking exposures exactly from the areas I want them from… And it’s a very deep/long home with plenty of windows.

Hope this helps mate!
---

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101636 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?