Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3i INSITEConstructionFacilities ManagementSite SurveyVideo

Video: 3i INSITE App: 3D Capture & Site Survey (Facility Mgmt/Construction)12192

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: 3i INSITE App - 3D Capture & Site Survey | 3i Inc. YouTube Channel | 8 June 2020

Hi All,

How might you use this solution to make money?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Wow Dan! Not sure where/when you ran across this solution, but is this the answer to replacing Matterport?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

I have watched the video twice. I don't understand the solution, but it seems super important/interesting. Can you give it some more thought?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

I do not see an example tour on the 3i Inc. website. Perhaps. you can ask for a demo and report back?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod After visiting their website and watching another video, I got the distinct impression that this platform is the the "rich uncle," compared to the toddler (Matterport). As such, I suspect it is an expensive solution that won't fit into the business model for us on the residential real estate side of the business, but never hurts to ask for more info.

The video you posted showed an inexpensive camera; Theta Z1, controlled by an inexpensive monitor; smartphone, which produced a 3D "digital twin," that navigates like a Matterport tour, with measurement tools, info tags and all sorts of other features, not to mention all the backend management functionality for multiple properties and different kinds of projects.

It's intriguing to say the least. I'll report back once I learn more.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

Thanks for the backstory and for doing a deeper dive (and sharing what you learn).

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott wonder when Matterport will take them to court ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Gerhard Agreed - solely based on those white navigation circles on the floor...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Heard back from the Marketing Director for 3i.ai. Here is what he said:

----------------------------------------------
"Thank you for reaching out to the 3i.ai Team.

As you rightfully understood, our 3i INSITE platform is a direct replacement of Matterport's but we are not exactly on the same market and applications. We focus more on facility management, quick site survey in 360 degrees, documentation and collaboration. We are releasing a solution more fitting for the Real Estate market next month.

We will be glad to send you a follow up email then."
-----------------------------------------------

To which I replied with questions concerning pricing for both the Facility Management Platform, as well as for the soon-to-be offered Real Estate Market offering. Soon as I hear back, I will post it here.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: 3i.ai - Connecting People and Places | Video courtesy of 3i Inc. YouTube Channel | 10 January 2020

@bryanhscott

Wow! Thanks for sharing the 3i.ai reply (and look forward to hearing about pricing).

In this new 3i Inc. video (above), you can see that the 3i Inc. tour looks like Matterport. Plus, it looks like their capture solution is a 360 camera + smartphone. I like the documentation aspect.

It will be interesting to see what 3i Inc. has planned for the real estate space.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?