Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Museums

Super sized 80,000 sqft space Pro212181

advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone scanned a space around 80,000 sqft with Pro2?

I was reading post that Matterport supports " UP TO " 200 scans or 10k sqft:

clickable text

But then Amir clarifies

" 200 scans and 10K sqft is what's supported, not because of your iPad's limitations or the limitations of the processing engine, but because as you increase the number of scans, you limit the number of computers and mobile devices that can edit and view your Space. You're certainly welcome to scan a 20K sqft Space, but the number of visitors who will be able to view it will be fewer than those able to navigate a 10K sqft Space. "

The project I am looking at is 80,000SQFT 3 levels..

Any help / advise appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I just completed a 52,000 sf factory shot with pro 1 and some scans by BLK360. Ended up at 615 scans and It processed successfully in 12 hours.

I’ve dove other 50,000 sf businesses and many 40,000 running between 300 to 500 scans. Thus far all have worked.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedhdr
" 200 scans and 10K sqft is what's supported, not because of your iPad's limitations or the limitations of the processing engine, but because as you increase the number of scans, you limit the number of computers and mobile devices that can edit and view your Space. You're certainly welcome to scan a 20K sqft Space, but the number of visitors who will be able to view it will be fewer than those able to navigate a 10K sqft Space. "

I do agree with editing in the workshop because Matterport loads all scans information into the workshop so the more scans you have the more memory in a browser it will take. However I do not agree with viewing.

When a user opens a tour Matterport does not load all scans into a user computer. Each scan is loaded one at a time when a user click on it and not even in all 360 degree view. It is loaded as tiles just to cover the current view. It is possible and I would say it is true that a user gets more textual data as a script or something else for bigger tours vs small ones but it should not really affect anything as text takes very little space in computer memory size.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101438 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?