Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVPilot One

Labpano Pilot One + GPS Module + Backpack = Google Street View Blue-Line12149

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab courtesy of Labpano Pilot One Store

Screen Grabs courtesy of Amazon

Labpano Pilot One + GPS Module + Backpack = Google Street View Blue-Line

Hi All,

1. How easy is using the Labpano Pilot One for shooting Google Street "blue-line" map updates?
2. How easy is uploading to Google Street View from the Labpano Pilot One?
3. How good is the Google Street View "blue-line" content created with the Labpano Pilot One?
4. Is it worth buying a Labpano Pilot One specifically for Google Street View "blue-line" updates? [less than $1,500]

I will likely know the answers to these questions - first-hand - by the end of July 2020 and post a review to the WGAN Forum with the answers to these questions.

Labpano let me know today (5 June 2020) that they are shipping me a Pilot One GPS Module. (In May 2020, Labpano sent me a Pilot One replacement for the beta Pilot One hardware they previously sent me in February 2020 that enabled my review of the Labpano Pilot One in February.)

Today (5 June 2020), I ordered from Amazon the backpack (pictured above, pricing below).

✓ 3rd Person View Mount - Wearable Handsfree Backpack Body-Mounted with Selfie Stick Pole

✓ $1,249 Labpano Pilot One (128 GB $1,249) [64GB is $1,119. 512GB is $1,499]
✓ $0,129 Labpano Pilot One GPS
✓ $0,068 VGSION 360 Camera Accessory Low-Altitude Shooting Bundle Back Belt ✓ $00012 Waist Mount & Selfie Stick
JKSafety 9 Pockets Class 2 High Visibility Zipper Front Safety Vest With Reflective Strips, Yellow Meets ANSI/ISEA Standards (Large) ($12)
======
$1,458 Total (or $1,276 if you get the 64GB Labpano Pilot One)
Plus shipping

Since the start of COVID-19, my wife and I have been taking daily three (3) mile walks (and 5-6 miles on Saturday and Sunday). I hope to multi-task these walks with Google Street View "blue-line" capture.

What questions do you have about using a Labpano Pilot One + Labpano Pilot One GPS + Backpack for Google Street View Blue-Line" map updates?

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Transcript: Pilot One is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers
10 Backpacks to pair with 360º Cameras to create Google Street View
2020 is the year of Google Street View Blue Line Map Updates by Pros
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
That Belt Waist Mount scares the crap outa me for being $65 and putting a $1,000 camera onto. Has anyone used that thing? Maybe I'm just getting flashbacks of using a cheap plastic mount that looks like this one that lost a screw.

Anyone use this and have better images of that mount?
Post 2 IP   flag post
AlainRacine private msg quote post Address this user
Hi VTLV,

I’ve seen this mount on Onsta360 web site for $67 with the selfie stick.

https://store.insta360.com/product/The_Back_Bar

So I think that the Amazon version could be a copy.

However, depending of the weight of your device, it can be safe.

I ordered a Pilot One with gps and I will tri the Insta360 version or use the Peak Design GoPro adapter that can be placed on your belt or anywhere on your backpack. Peak Design stuff are really solid and well crafted.

https://www.peakdesign.com/products/pov-kit

Connecting a selfie stick on the adapter could be easy with an 1/4 screw adapter like this.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/617nYZ4w7RL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I’m also working on a car Magnetic mount for my Sirui Carbon Tripod that will be used to hold my gear at 36” over my rooftop.

I’ll post some pictures and links to the stuff I bought on Amazon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I would not trust this mount anything heavier than Insta360 One X unless you can add an extra point for holding the pole somewhere around your neck. It will just swing a heavy camera sitting at the top from side to side making it impossible to create any steady shoots while you are walking.

It is like my idea to put my Pilot Era on a helmet. And that's just 20-30cm long stick above the helmet. However weight of the camera just makes things super uncomfortable and moves the camera from side to side no matter how hard you strap your helmet.

However insta360 One X is a perfect solution for mounting it on a helmet. I do not feel that camera at all.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

UGH! (I was thinking of looping a rope around my waist to keep it in place.)

What solution do you recommend (either than a DIY: that's not me!)

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
A second point of contact could be a good idea to safe and stabilize the camera.

If you use the Peak Design POV kit on a backpack, you’ll be able to fix the selfie stick to the backpack on a second point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Actually a grea idea put on a small backpack first, then this mount and hook its pole somehow to the backpack. Some backbacks may even have a ring, or some strap at them so you can hook the pole to without doing any mods to backpack.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I’ll do some tests and will share the result with you guys.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Wingman

UGH! (I was thinking of looping a rope around my waist to keep it in place.)

What solution do you recommend (either than a DIY: that's not me!)

Dan

Have a look at what @AlainRacine suggested above with a backpack. That's one way it can help.

Or just DIY a board for a simple laptop backpack to go in it with some mounting brackets for a pole.

I know you do not want to DIY but we are talking about a plywood/MDF board(not the frame like I have built for my Era) with just two C shaped brackets to fix a pole.

Then you put it in a laptop compartment of your backpack, zip it with a pole sticking through a hole between zip locks and it is done. I would not do it for an Era as it is 500g(that's why I use an aluminum frame) but a Pilot One is not so heavy and it may work.

I am sure your local hardware store can cut MDF/plywood board for you to size and all you need are the clamps to be screwed into the board. If you need some specific shaped board guys with CNC/laser can cut it for you. I would help to cut it out but postage cost from AU to USA can make it quite expensive.

I actually have a much smaller backpack now that is more comfortable, weights nothing and I may built the same I am offering you for my Insta360 OneX. I have a helmet done for it and I like it but it is just much harder to take with you anywhere you go.The board seems to be much easier way to take it anywhere when you may find something interesting to capture in 360.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
no single tour from this camera in public till date - and here we are with accessories to go along?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have it but I do not want to publish a messy environment of my house and my kids.

I can try to see if I can do it outdoor around my house but I am sure somebody will share theirs faster than I do it.

I like that it has come into existence as it is a new way to build tours and possibly in a very easy way but its realisation and lack of any extra features won't let me use it for any business/property. It is understandable though as it is a new thing and I hope we can expect some great improvements and new features added over time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Wingman It is frustrating to see the company going gaga all over social without sampling one till date. How long one should wait? This has been the USP of this camera and no sample for hands on?
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I believe they have published the sample of their tour somewhere some time ago. I just can not remember where.

Pilot Era owners got an update with Pilot Tours support only last week. And a week prior to that Labpano let people to register accounts for it. So no surprise there are almost no examples.

There is one published tour in their community group on Facebook but I believe somebody has just tried to do their own house. I do not feel comfortable to publish it here.

Just join the group and you will see it. Here is a ling to their community https://www.facebook.com/groups/Labpano/
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @AlainRacine
https://www.peakdesign.com/products/pov-kit

I look forward to seeing a photo. I could not picture how you will be using this.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Actually a grea idea put on a small backpack first, then this mount and hook its pole somehow to the backpack. Some backbacks may even have a ring, or some strap at them so you can hook the pole to without doing any mods to backpack.

Yes. Great idea. I will try this.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @AlainRacine
I’ll do some tests and will share the result with you guys.

Thank you!

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Kumar

Transcript: Pilot One is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod - I have watched it then and read your review but now, Where is the tour Dan? !!! sample 8k panos, tours & gsv... i wonder how they made their marketing videos - were they not good enough to be made public?
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Kumar

Here are examples of content created with the beta hardware of Labpano Pilot One:

EyeSpy360 360º Virtual Tour Created Using Labpano Pilot One Camera
Time-lapse 360º Video Shot with Labpano Pilot One
360 Video Shot with Labpano Pilot One During Our Caribbean Cruise Last Week
My 3rd EyeSpy360 Tour (Workflow for Furnished Apartment in Atlanta)

More WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pilot One

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

VGSION 360 Camera Accessory Low-Altitude Shooting Bundle Back Belt Waist Mount & Selfie Stick

JKSafety 9 Pockets Class 2 High Visibility Zipper Front Safety Vest With Reflective Strips, Yellow Meets ANSI/ISEA Standards (Large) ($12)

Hi All,

Good news ...

This arrived today:

VGSION 360 Camera Accessory Low-Altitude Shooting Bundle Back Belt Waist Mount & Selfie Stick ($68)

My initial reactions wearing it:

1. It's AWESOME
2. the flange has sprockets so that you can "aim" the pole so that it is immediately over your head
3. My comfort level is super-high that I am not going to lose the camera to the flange failing
4. That said, I have a safety vest (like this) which I put on after the waist mount: keep the pole from straying; it's lite
5. I like the addition of the safety vest because it makes be look "official" "safe" in the street
6. Once I position the height of the Pilot One camera (set to infinity); I can adjust the nadir logo patch to hide me

While you very likely could MacGyver other solutions to keep the camera safe from toppling over, I am super-happy with the safety vest.

The Labpano Pilot One GPS module is scheduled to arrive on Monday (15 June 2020), according to DHL.

Questions?

Dan

P.S. I added the safety vest to the shopping list in the first post ...

--

Screen Grab: I added my nadir logo patch in the Labpano Pilot One camera [no need to add the patch in post production!]. Then, I resized the logo patch to cover me! Here is the 360º photo sphere test shot (with all the gear in the shopping list.)
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Is that vest made from polyester? If it is you can find guys locally who do sublimation printing and they can print whatever you want on it to look it even more offical and have your contact details on it. The good thing about using sublimation printing on a polyester closing is that it is cheap even for one piece job and it never wears of.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

“STAY BACK 500 FEET”

Or

“We Get Around”

Or

photographer

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Related WGAN Forum Discussions

10 Things I learned shooting GSV of 3 Atlanta Parks with Labpano Pilot One
GPS module for Pilot One has a poor design
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pilot One | Pilot Era
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Message from Labpano about its Pilot One GPS Module, as found in the Labpano Community on Facebook on Sunday, 14 June 2020.
Post 24 IP   flag post
uk_man private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod This could work, its a backpack with a handle You just need to attach the camera somehow🤔
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@uk_man

Yes. I could imagine that you replace the handle with a pole meant to mount a camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DanSmigrod,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

What questions do you have about using a Labpano Pilot One + Labpano Pilot One GPS + Backpack for Google Street View Blue-Line" map updates?

Best,

Dan

I would like to see an update of any street that already has a blue line made by the Google Street View car, with a Labpano Pilot One to see if Google replaces the blue line made by Google's car, by the blue line created by us.

Thanks.

Takeda
IMG360
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TakedaSan

Great idea. Will do. I am curious too! (I hope so!!!)

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A WGAN Forum related discussion:

How to Create Google Street View Blue-Line Map Updates with a Pilot One EE

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,

👍

Takeda
Post 30 IP   flag post
101629 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?