Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET)
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 ViewsAdviceCapture AppMatterport WorkshopNewbiesProblemsReal Estate

Newbie Matterport Question - 360 View Labels Placement Wrong12131

OutermostImaging private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all! New guy here.

I just made my first Matterport twin and am having issues with the 360 View labels. I have two 360s and they are on separate side of the house (almost exactly opposite from each other). When you are in that view the and turn 180 degrees to access the label to get back into the model there's a 360 View label there as well that points to the one on the other side of the home. Both sides are the same.

How do I get the other 360 View label off of there and only have the "back to the model" person label? So frustrating.

Tour link and pics below.

Thanks all

Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Yes - it is always difficult and very much trial and error. If anyone has the secret let us all know!

When you place the 3D image on the map I would not worry too much about the accuracy of its position.

When placing it the distance from the house and where it 'locks' on to the house and the rotation all seem to matter. Experiment then Publish, then reload the page, perhaps reload again and if it fails, take the 360 off the map, publish, refresh and try again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHH
Yes - it is always difficult and very much trial and error. If anyone has the secret let us all know!

When you place the 3D image on the map I would not worry too much about the accuracy of its position.

When placing it the distance from the house and where it 'locks' on to the house and the rotation all seem to matter. Experiment then Publish, then reload the page, perhaps reload again and if it fails, take the 360 off the map, publish, refresh and try again.

Thanks @CharlesHH. Good to know I'm not (that) crazy.

I have been playing around with rotation to get things "lined-up" but my issue is that the other, totally separate 360 View label shows up next to the "get back in" label. For example, the deck shot in the original post is a 360 view of the deck but it shows a 360 Label of the porch on the other side of the home. Same with the porch 360 - shows a 360 Label for the deck. Why would they be connected or, at the very least, "shine" through the model like that?

If anyone has a solution I'm all ears.

Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@OutermostImaging, I have noticed since the recent updates to Workshop there has been a change in behaviour when using the 'rotate'.

But first, to avoid them being right on top of each other you can move their position on the floor plan so they are not directly opposite each other and/or rotate the 360 slightly to move the return icon away. We sacrifice the exact position of the 360 in relation to the floor plan, in favour of smoother in/out transitions with the icons.

It is really annoying that there isn't a way to 'block' a 360 icon from appearing. For example - if the other 360 is on the other side of the 3D dollhouse, Matterport concealing it because it's behind a wall or two. But I can think of lots of ways this wouldn't work. If you've got 10+ 360 views around a property - it does look 'yuck' within each 360 view as all the icons are there. Over to you, Mr Matterport!

Prior to the recent Workshop update, if you tweaked the rotation to try and get the return icon in the right place - you could jump out to floor plan view, then to first person view, then click on the 360 icon and within the 360 view, the icon positions would be updated.

Since the update, this trick doesn't work anymore - anything I've done within that workshop sessions doesn't seem to show their updated positions. Fairly sure if you publish, refresh the browser, then edit again they will move to their corrected position but that's a long process.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
That seems to be the bug that Matterport is dragging through a lot of their app updates. If you look at it closely it is a puzzle how it is possible to see other 360 from another side of a property through all walls mesh while we are all having difficulties to attach a 360 icon to a specific wall?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@HomePlanNZ @Wingman Thank you both for your input.

I've tried rotating and adjusting the label position and zipping back to the other to see if it made a difference and I could not find any (but I'm new so much to learn).

I did speak to Matterport support late today and they confirmed it was a bug. It was one that they had see before and thought they had squashed but evidently is back (their words). They said that they would follow-up with me on the support ticket when it's fixed. Whenever that is I will update the thread.

It's a super frustrating issue as one of may 360 pucks is almost 100% over my enter the model again puck. I can figure out how to get back in...but a first time consumer? No way. Bad user experience.

Other than that, I'm really happy with my first scan/edit.

Thanks again for the notes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101749 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?