Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Pro2

Have Matterport 2, client wants just 360 photo (no tour), can I do it?12086

rastas private msg quote post Address this user
Question: Using my Matterport 2 camera, am I able to create a stand alone 360 photo that I can share with them (where I give them the actual 360 photo). If so, can someone explain the process to me, from capture to delivery? No tour, just a single 360 photo.

Went to Matterport website for answer, couldn't find it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Technically, you could. however, you would be better off capturing the Panos with something like a Z1 or pano head for a DSLR.

With matterport you have to go in and take a 360 snap shot of each pano you would like to download then download them individually

With the Matterport 360 images you will also have the large Nidar & Zenith holes above or below the camera. And what Matterport allows you to download is a lower resolution 360 image
Post 2 IP   flag post
Appreciate your input. Last thing I want to do is to buy another camera. Is there a way to go to space, select 360 photo on app, scan/shoot it, upload, then download the photo, all using the Matterport camera?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
You need to have at least 1 3D scan in a model.

I would pull a 360 pano out of one of your existing tours to see if the 360 meets your clients needs before putting the time into shooting then pulling panos
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The maximum resolution of the panos you can download with a Pro2 (from Matterport) is 4096px X 2048px
Post 5 IP   flag post
I just did what you suggested. The file is a ridiculously small 1.4 megabyte. Is there actually no other way to get a decent 360 photo from this three thousand dollar camera?

There has to be a way...
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@jumpteam had a service if it is still running that I believe they were charging approximately $1 a pano to extract full res panos

I believe it was self serve and you had to buy credits

But resulted in panos with a resolution of 16384px X 8192px

This would be in addition to your Matterport costs

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zrmqkb6gx3in9q/AADIPkpJpOA87WWb3E_VdVO9a?dl=0
Post 7 IP   flag post
Now were talking! I googled jumpteam matterport, and was brought to some weird looking login page. Is that the right site to contact them/it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@rastas I had actually met them in this group I may have to dig through my emails and send you a private message with contact info
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@rastas Remeber to take 3D tour not 360 photo when you capture customer place.
When Matterport process them, you will get a 3D tour and that 3D tour include the positon and direction information of your panos.
That will make it easier when you upload the panos to other 360 plateform.

If you only take 360 photos, then you must put the panos and rotate them by your hand.

We provide full resolution (16k x 8k for Pro2 / 8k x 4k for Pro1) pano generation services to our JuMP members.
Post 10 IP   flag post
SO I do one 3d scan, upload that 3d scan to my matterport account, then what?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@rastas For example you have taken a 20 positions 3D tour with your ipad and your Matterport Pro2.
You click the upload button in the capture app on you ipad.

You can go to sleep and wait for the email notification from Matterport to infor you that your showcase is processed and ready to visit.

Login your Matterport account in https://my.matterport.com/ and searh the title of the 20 positon showcase.
And click the button to make it to public.

After that your showcase can be visit by everyone with the showcase link address.

Send me the showcase link, we can handle the others and send you the result panos.

Easy, just two buttons with one email.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Premium
Columbus, Ohio
MicFoster private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP I think this is an interesting service. Would I need to do a detailed scan as if I am putting together a typical 3d tour (every 1.5 meters), or can I simply do a single scan of each room and upload to matterport and send a link? I am trying to figure out how to save time if they just want panos.

Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@MicFoster I suggest to do normal scan.
But it is possible to do 360only capture.
The only requirement is Matterport can process it and return you a result link address. We can provide you a DEMO, please send me your trial showcase link which include only one 3D point and <20 pcs 360 only points.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101641 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?