Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pilot EraPilot OnePilotTour

Pilot Era Update: Now supports Pilot Tour12084

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

for those who has a Pilot Era, turn it on and update with new firmware as it now support Pilot Tour

Here are the notes on the update

Pilot Era OS V5.3.0
1.Supports shooting PilotTour.
2.Supports H.265 encoding for Stitched video and Unstitched video.
3.Fixed some bugs caused by Auto Power Off.
4.Improved stability.

Here is a video how to shoot Pilot Tour with Pilot Era/One

https://www.facebook.com/Labpano/videos/2614311408827173/

And if you have not registered for Pilot Tour you can do it on the link below

https://accounts.labpano.com/reg

There was a problem with this registration form but it may be because they want a real complex password and forgotten to tell their users about it. Make sure you use something complex as a password. Chrome generated password works at least for me.

I am updating right now and I will try it tomorrow.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Are you using Pilot Era for other tours? If so, what do you think of your results. This looks like a very promising camera but the price tag is steep and I haven't heard any real-life reviews of it. I wish they would sell it on Amazon so I could use the generous return period. That would allow me to try it out. Right now it's a 7-day return policy with me paying the return shipping.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AlainRacine private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @fotoguy,

I suggest that you watch this: https://youtu.be/_22GKFc2HxU

Ivan dresses a good comparison between Pilot One and the Pilot Era.

The price of the Pilot One is aprox $1000 less than the Era and do the same.

I'm still asking myself if it's possible to use the images taken with the Pilot tour activated to upload them in another software to compare or to upload to Street View.

If someone knows, please let me know.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoguy
Are you using Pilot Era for other tours? If so, what do you think of your results. This looks like a very promising camera but the price tag is steep and I haven't heard any real-life reviews of it. I wish they would sell it on Amazon so I could use the generous return period. That would allow me to try it out. Right now it's a 7-day return policy with me paying the return shipping.

I do but only for custom built tours with Pano2VR.

I cannot make my mind if Pilot Tours are ok or not.

It looks quite easy if you move past that initial movements.
However I could not make it working from a smartphone and I could only make it working from the camera interface.
And I could not make it working outdoor as a start point.
If you start inside you can go outdoor but I do not think hotspots for outdoor panos are placed correctly where they need to be.

Also it seems pretty basic now with the only way to move is by clicking on hotspots that seem to be visible when you look down. It does make sense considering you just move the camera 2-3 meters away from a previous spot. But without keyboard arrows working for navigation for now it is similar to a walk with your head down minding your steps.

May be if they put some extra effort to develop it or release their API for a 3rd party development it could be quite a great way to build tours.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainRacine
I'm still asking myself if it's possible to use the images taken with the Pilot tour activated to upload them in another software to compare or to upload to Street View.

If someone knows, please let me know.

You do not need to use Pilot Tours if you want to capture 360s to build a tour from them. There is a mode in a camera(both Era and One) that lets you either create stitched 360s or unstitched. Then you can get them from a camera and use any software that allows to build tours. Pilot Tours is just an option to build a tour directly from the camera.

GSV mode in both cameras are for Google blue lines only. If you want a virtual tour of a place/business you will still need to use 360 mode, download all 360 from a camera and use 3rd party software to build and publish a tour to Google Maps.

If I could only buy a Pilot Era for a full price I would choose Pilot One. Big memory in Pilot Eras is a plus but not at the double price. As for the bigger battery there are power banks that can make it powered for as long as you want.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
If I could only buy a Pilot Era for a full price I would choose Pilot One. Big memory in Pilot Eras is a plus but not at the double price. As for the bigger battery there are power banks that can make it powered for as long as you want.
11 hours ago

So I take you are happy with the Pilot and the resulting 360's?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

FYI ...

Labpano sent me a Pilot One in February. This week, they will be shipping me a GPS unit for the Pilot One. I anticipate doing Google Street View "blue-line" creation in a local park this weekend or next weekend.

Here's my original review:

Transcript: Pilot One is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?