Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdobeDaVinci ResolveDJI Mavic ProDroneVideo

Drone videography - beginner12078

WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
I only offer drone photography, mainly because I do not feel confident in my video skills. Over the past week alone, I’ve had 2 inquiries about drone videos. So I’ve decided to look into mastering this skill.

I would like some information about gimbal settings/video settings for the Mavic Pro. What do you use or what have you found that works best for you for real estate videos? Do you use the point of interest feature to lock onto the house? Do you have some examples of drone videos that you have shot for real estate?

Lastly, what program is best for editing the videos? I’ve tried using Davinci Resolve, but I believe my PC is too slow to handle it. I have downloaded Adobe Premier, but haven’t tried it yet. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@8643d

I'll defer to others about your questions and suggest Drone Pilot Group School to help you succeed faster with your FAA Part 107 Course.

To save $50, Private Message me for the WGAN Affiliate Code.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Two options:
A) Practice practice practice

B) Lithcy and lots more practice. Litchy lets you program your shots, but if you don't program it right the drone will fly into things.
Post 3 IP   flag post
joelfduran private msg quote post Address this user
For video, you just want to double your frame rate to get the footage to look right. You will need ND filters to do this in bright light. I would recommend YouTube for the basics. If you are looking for ease of use for an editing program I would recommend Lumafusion.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Here is an example of manual video... shot as several segments and then edited and scored.
https://youtu.be/0upfuwjjpEM

and another example:
https://youtu.be/dOyDBx-uZzs

This is Litchi / programmed video
https://youtu.be/AakMdyI_0ik

it's nearly impossible to get the focus point shots while moving if it's not programmed. The controls just aren't smooth enough to reliably do it without a dedicated camera operator, which is out of budget for most of us.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
This is my favorite drone video ever. We did not do it, but I try to get our guys to emulate this.

It is very sharp, beautifully choreographed, but the actual shots/movements are very simple.

Great video
Post 6 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
I'd suggest you to do a lot of practice as I did. Shoot several short videos around the property and then import into software for editing. I'm using Davinci Resolve, I know it has a learning curve but it will give you a lot of satisfactions.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?