Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360MarketingMuseumsPricingScanning

How much would you charge for 60,000 SQ FT Tour? [Which platform?]12068

realeshots private msg quote post Address this user
What would you charge for a large commercial tour job? Looked and the space is roughly 60,000 sq ft with 2-3 levels.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Huntington, NY
vtg360 private msg quote post Address this user
You should be ranging your fee on a job like this anywhere from 0.08/sqft to $0.15/sqft to make it worthwhile. Also, consider getting a Tripod Dolly (https://www.amazon.com/Ravelli-ATD-Tripod-Camera-Lighting/dp/B000YB862E0. You will be there for 8-12 hours depending on the spacing of your scans and will need to plan to shoot at least 2 models maybe 3. Connect them via Mattertags. Good luck with the project!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Should have specified I am using a 360 camera and not Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
I would highly suggest that you do a few quick trial scans of a similar space before you take any next steps with the client if you are using a 360 camera. In my experience large spaces which involve complexity of structure are extremely difficult to scan with a 360 camera alone. Without the IR component of the Pro II you will find that spatial tracking/alignment can go REALLY bad in that kind of space. Just from your description I am a bit concerned about whether or not you could complete the job even if you wanted to. I am not saying this to dissuade you in any way from taking on the work, just suggesting based on my own personal experience that you do as much pre-validation that you can before entering into a contract.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardStanton
I would highly suggest that you do a few quick trial scans of a similar space before you take any next steps with the client if you are using a 360 camera. In my experience large spaces which involve complexity of structure are extremely difficult to scan with a 360 camera alone. Without the IR component of the Pro II you will find that spatial tracking/alignment can go REALLY bad in that kind of space. Just from your description I am a bit concerned about whether or not you could complete the job even if you wanted to. I am not saying this to dissuade you in any way from taking on the work, just suggesting based on my own personal experience that you do as much pre-validation that you can before entering into a contract.

Understood. I won't be using Matterport, so it will just be a 360 pano-tour. Personally, I don't think it should be an issue since it's not Matterport.
Post 5 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh yes, sorry I should not have assumed that you would be using the Matterport Capture app as your tour base. Yeah if you are doing a panoramic node tour there should not be any problem. Those gigs can be hard to price unless you already know how many nodes you are going to have on your tour and have run the numbers. It might be simplest to just run it as a T&M based project so that you have flexibility on the Time AND the Materials factors.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardStanton
Ahh yes, sorry I should not have assumed that you would be using the Matterport Capture app as your tour base. Yeah if you are doing a panoramic node tour there should not be any problem. Those gigs can be hard to price unless you already know how many nodes you are going to have on your tour and have run the numbers. It might be simplest to just run it as a T&M based project so that you have flexibility on the Time AND the Materials factors.

Was thinking about doing the T&M. Thanks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?