Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppKnown IssueMatterport SupportProblemsUpdating Map

Updating Map12058

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned a three floor home today and when I got back to the office I tried uploading. The wheel stayed at 0%. I tried re-uploading the model and it appeared to have gone through. The only problem is that I have updating map when I try to open that model in capture. I also have a beautiful black screen instead of three floors with data. Has anyone had this happen and resolved it. I waited on the phone for Matterports new support for over an hour today for what I consider to be a priority case with no luck.

I also have the Updating Map visible on the screen when scanning new models now.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
IMAGEXD private msg quote post Address this user
Well Welcome to the wonderful world of Matterport Support !

The latest update on the capture app has serious issues... lets leave it at that...

Below is the serious issue we are all facing explained in detail.

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049043393-Known-Issues-Matterport-Capture-for-iOS-

Let us all hold hands and pray this is resolved SOON ! Before I retire........
Post 2 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
I read somewhere...i think on the Matterport website...that this is a known issue and that the model will process as normal. Please let us know what happens.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
You will not be able to accurately place trim or mirror/window markers to finalize your job.

Errrrr, you can do diddly squat with your model because it is a black screen.

Don't worry, this is my livelihood, I can wait for who knows how long to get it resolved.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@IMAGEXD I am very experienced with Matterport nonsupport, it is something I relish, that, and seeing my dentist for root canal work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
IMAGEXD private msg quote post Address this user
Fun Times !
Post 6 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert I have another thread going on this one which I will update as I hear more back - and this issue is at the top of my list with them as well. I had two more models corrupt in this way, so I am up to 4 captures which I am unable to curate. This latest is the most disturbing as I had a made a duplicate of the model prior to doing any edits. When this happened again during editing it corrupted not only the copy I had been working on, but the original as well. If you look at the file system after a duplication it is clear that a duplicate is not an _entire_ copy of a job, and it looks like there is some symbolic type linkage going on between the jobs. I have gone through the trouble to package up a 3 pack of jobs, two original job data complete and one duplicate data, to the tune of a 7gb archive. Support has acknowledged receipt of the archive, so I am hopeful that with several clean examples they can trace it to the root cause. On the light side, I did also examine the assets closely, and while the corruption appears to be asset based, the actual back end data is still there and seemingly intact. For this reason I at least hold hope that it can be reversed. This unfortunately does not resolve the issues this has caused with my clients, and because of this dual corruption I am putting some important clients on the back burner until I hear back, and other clients I am making an offline backup of the root job just in case this lovely double whammy strikes again.

I will update the other thread when I hear back from support on these items. In the mean time, tread lightly!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101631 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?