Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVStreet View Trusted Photographer

Google Streetview Trusted Photographer: Any status updates?12053

Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Hey gang,
I have qualified to be included as a Streetview Trusted Photographer, but the program appears to still be gated. Any idea when it might unlock?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
They just released google my business registration restrictions so it should be soon
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul

Does this help?

WGAN Forum discussion:

āœ“ Google Trusted Photographer soon to be Google My Business provider

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Houston
@DanSmigrod, yea I was reading that just now. Still can't find a door in.

Matterport has closed the Service Provider and Scanning Tech pools.....

Google has the StreetView program offline.

Aggravating to say the least. It's still a nifty paperweight.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Brian if your struggling then that says a lot. Can we offer street view period on matterport? I'm about to start discussion that with clients but have not done the home work to know so if you don't mind giving me a push.

Spencer
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SpencerLasky

Yes. You can publish to Google Street View from Matterport. It's super-easy!

āœ“ Videos: How to publish to Google Street View from Matterport Workshop 3.0

You do not need to be a Google Street View Trusted Pro to publish to Google Street View.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Houston
@Spencerlasky, I've owned my camera for just over 30 days. It's nearly paid for itself... but it and I aren't as busy as I'd like. I don't consider that struggling.... but I also can still be irritated that the reasons I bought the camera are currently gated due to no fault of my own.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @briangreul

There seems to be a little confusion over different Google programmes.

Number One
7 or 8 years ago Google ran a Google Trusted Photographer programme, later Google Street View trusted.
You applied, and if Google felt like it, they invited you to take a multiple-choice test.
Successful candidates were given access so they could publish panos to Google Business View, later Google Street View.
Quality control was stringent. If the Google operative said you were wrong, you were wrong. If the line of vision between two panos came with an inch of a coffee table, you failed. If the navigation in say a hotel ballroom had more connections than the operative favoured, it failed. Your failed tour would not be published. No discussion. Start all over.
Being a Google Trusted Photographer was tough.
Then one morning Google decided that anyone publishing 50 random panos to Google Street View, was qualified as a Google Trusted Photographer.
These could be created with a phone, and there was zero quality control.
The good news is that you no longer have to qualify as a Google Business Street View Trusted Photographer.
You just press the magic button in Matterport Workshop.
Do so before Monday and it's even free!

Number Two
Google then introduced the Google Local Guide programme which awarded points to anyone who added missing places to Google Maps, verified phone numbers or other data.
Google Local Guides who amassed a shed load of Brownie points became Google Trusted Verifiers.
This was quite handy, as you could verify a Google My Business listing for a client onsite.
It was a great party trick, impressed the potential clients no end, when it worked.
Then one morning, quite recently, Google ditched the Google Trusted Verifier Programme in favour of a new, invitation only programme called Google My Business Provider.
Google will identify suitable candidates, who will be large companies dealing with global or at least US wide clients, think household names.

Iā€™m sorry @briangreul, but you, I, and the rest of the people reading this will never get that invite.

To summarise all the Google programmes you could join are terminated.

You are on your own!

Oliver
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
skyload300 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangreul
Hey gang,
I have qualified to be included as a Streetview Trusted Photographer, but the program appears to still be gated. Any idea when it might unlock?

Hey Buddy,
GSV Trusted photographer program is still active in a different way:
- You wont get listed into the directory.
- You will show up as a trusted photographer with the Green Badge.

After you upload the 50 photos (which can be done using 360 videos as you drive around - more about this below for new comers).
once all 50 are published, try to log off/on your GSV app and then click your profile (see attached photo). if you see the green badge, then congrats!

For new comers:
Mounting a 360 Camera on your car/bike and drive around covering streets works great towards your 50 photos qualification benchmark.
This is how i got mine done.

Good luck,

Question: any ideas about becoming a GMB provider?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
If the line of vision between two panos came with an inch of a coffee table, you failed.

I have always been confused by this requirement. I know it is not a question for you to answer but I cannot get what Google has to do anything with how far spheres are from each other.

Technically they should not mind if I make a tour teleporting from one capital city(say in USA) to another(say in Europe). It is not like it should be step by step with photos transitioning, it is a directional thing and should not matter to anyone where the next sphere is as long as there is a customer/user for it.

I have a school tour that I am yet to publish to GSV and it just shows one spot there and here and they are not in a direct line of sight. Places like schools and resorts are covering a lot of area and most of the time they just want to show some parts and not interested to cover all.
Also I have done one for aged care business with a huge 10 000 sqm building and some outdoor features. The client did not need any walkthrough there only wanted to show a few rooms/facilities inside and some outdoor features. The only reason I have not tried to push it to GSV is that it is a brand new facility and there is no fresh satelite image to show it built.

When customer does not want to walk from say from a library to a school office they should not be forced to do extra 360s to create a path between them just because Google does not (or did not ) like it. I hope Google is not forcing this requirement.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyload300
You will show up as a trusted photographer with the Green Badge.

I do not know if it ever has worked but this badge is only shown in your profile in Street View app. If a map user somehow can get into your profile on google maps in Chrome they won't see that green trusted photographer badge.

On mine there is a local guide icon only. See attached pic.
Not sure how you could get it shown on your profile unless you just did not notice that on google maps it disappears and is replaced with a local guide one.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Houston
Yea, I was trying to get activated for "available for hire." The goal was to flesh out one of the Matterport business opportunities. It appears to be like most of the rest of Matterport opportunities - fluff and BS from marketing.

No worries, I'm still making money with it, so that's all that matters. Just not able to do much with it besides open house tours.
Post 12 IP   flag post
AStewart0512 private msg quote post Address this user
So I am a little confused and hoping to get a clear answer. I am working on getting my 50 panos uploaded to be able to say I am "Street View Trusted". Is that not possible right now? It would be nice to be listed in the directory but that is not my main concern.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Houston
No. Google is doing something and not saying much. So you can get one tour and upload it which will give you the 50 required panos.... but from there nothing will happen at the moment.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I saw someone saying on private GSVT facebook group they got their badge recently. It seems Google still let photographers into the program. And they have done it since they decided to revamp it. What's not working though is listing in their Available for hire directory. Usually after getting the badge they would send you a link to a form for adding your details to the directory. They kept sending it even after they decided to revamp the program but people could not fill their details into the form and were getting messages that the program was changing and it was not possible to submit their details.

Sometimes toggling the Available for Hire switch in their SV app is causing for the link to the form being sent to you and it can still work that way even now but Google won't let you to submit the form.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Houston
Yea the badge with no visibility is pointless IMHO.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangreul
Yea the badge with no visibility is pointless IMHO.

Google still have no advertising for it.. the last video and research data they did was about 2-5 years ago. So their directory is kind of dead anyway. May be the first 3 photographers listed are found and getting something from being listed there. However if you join now you are going to be at the end of the list in your area & I do not believe it will bring anything.

May be their new program with silver, bronze and gold levels will allow some sorting by a level type. In this case you should start doing as much as you can to get to the highest level.

That was my idea originally when I got a Pilot Era and started doing blue lines. With COVID 19 and more demand for property tours I am stuck at 14 kms only. So it is 486 kms more to go for me :-)

I have done some business tours, even big ones(over 100 panos) but Google never specified what big tours mean. They are just saying you need 10 big ones(if I am not mistaken) to earn Gold Level badge.

it seems that a blue line is easier with a car in order to earn a better badge. It is not that hard to drive 50km every day to get 500 km done over 10 days.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Is the Street View Trusted Program Dead? ....no | Video courtesy of Street View Eysteinn YouTube Channel | 3 October 2020

From the Street View Eysteinn YouTube Channel

What's happening with the Street View Trusted revamp? I'll tell you all about it in this video. I do hope I need to update this video soon.

0:00 Intro
0:35 History of The Trusted Program
1:44 Is Trusted Program Dead?
3:42 What you get as a new Trusted member?
5:06 Where does that leave us?

Source: Street View Eysteinn YouTube Channel

Transcript of Video Above

I am Street View Eysteinn. Welcome back.

In this video, I want to talk a little bit about the Trusted program and what's going on with it because it's been asked so many times in the Facebook group and the local guide forum. Why can't I add myself to the For Hire list that Google has?

Before I answer that question, I want to talk a little bit about the history of the Trusted program, what it is. Originally, Google created this program and people needed to submit five virtual tours and the Google employee would review those tours. And if they were up to the standards, then they would be approved and added to the very exclusive list of trusted street photographers. Then a few years later, they completely changed the program so that all you needed to do was to add 50 360-degree photos to Street View, and you would automatically be approved.

Last year, they announced that they are working on a new Trusted program. So you can think of it as the third iteration of the program. They didn't say anything about what it would look like, but promised that it's coming soon. It's been coming soon for a while now, but anyway, in the meantime, they are not making any changes to the for hire list.

But then nothing has happened for months, and people are asking, "What's happening? Is the trusted program dead or what's what's happening?" No, actually it's not, and actually you can still become a Trusted photographer, even though there's this revamp happening. So I'll just quickly go through what you need to do to become trusted and what you will get.

As I explained, all you need to do is upload 50 360-degree photos to Google Street View. And then there will be an automatic approval process. Google will approve the photos, and I'm not really sure what you need to do for the photos to be approved. I'm sure it's like 99% of the photos will be approved. Maybe they're just trying to avoid that you're not shooting in the dark or that you're just uploading the same photo 50 times. That probably would not get approved.

So let's take a look at what you got in the second generation of the trusted program. You got the badge in the corner of your profile picture in the Street View app. You got to download the Trusted badge and also use it in your marketing or your business card, your website, and so on. You got the access to the private Street View discussion board on the local guide forum. You get added to the list of for hire list on Google website. And you might've gotten occasional email requests to do a street view of a business. If the business had requested it in their Google My Business account.

So what does it look like now, while we are waiting for the third iteration of the Trusted program? You still just need to upload those 50 360-degree photos and they will be automatically approved. And then you still get the badge in the corner of your profile picture and the Street View app. You can't download the badge from the website to be used it in your marketing, but you can still promote yourself as a Trusted photographer. Just Google it and use the logo that you find on Google basically.

You still get access to the private Street View discussion board on the local guide forum, and you won't be added to the for hire list that everyone is talking about, and also you won't get any requests for virtual tours. And in addition, if you are already Trusted, then you won't be able to update the Trusted for hire list in any capacity. Only thing you can do is request to be removed from the list. The link to the forum is in the magic box.

So now, where does this leave us? Well, we are basically a very similar place as we were before. The for hire list is kind of overrated. That's not where the majority of your clients will come from. It will mostly come from you approaching the businesses, doing cold calls, emails, and promote yourself. And you can still promote yourself as a Trusted photographer after you get email confirmation that you have been approved. And even when you're starting out and you haven't gotten the 5 photos, you can still sell straight to virtual tours. Yeah, that's a very common misconception that you need to be Trusted to be able to connect panels or sell them or anything like that, but that's just not true.

So that's it for now. If you have any questions related to Street View, leave them in the comments below. And if there's any updates to the topic of the video, I will leave it in the magic box, especially for this topic. I hope that there's a new Trusted program soon, and I'll make a new video about that and I'll leave the link down below.

And so, yeah, I forgot to record the outro. So that's why I'm in a new location. See you in the next one. Bye bye.
Post 18 IP   flag post
roballoba private msg quote post Address this user
great video. I still have much to learn.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101636 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?