Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackUpDeleting

SINCE WHEN?!?!? [that Deleted Matterport models can not be restored?]12047

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted a request to restore a model as it had been deleted from my Classic account to free up room (property was sold), but new owner asked for a 3D Floor Plan.

I've had models restored on previous occassions.

I just got this response:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Matterport - Carlie (Matterport Support)

May 26, 2020, 3:41:33 PM PDT

Thank you for filing this report! Unfortunately we cannot restore deleted models. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
-Carlie
-----------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT?!?!?

As I mentioned I've had models restored in the past and I've specifically been deleting models with the knowledge that in the unlikely chance I'd need them I could get them back.

If this is new there should have been a major announcement.

Anyone else hear anything about this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I read this was coming. Of course they still have them as they don't delete any models. This is to push you to a new plan and eliminate this exact situation.

This is the same reason they don't let us back up our models on the iPad. Hopefully you have something in place where you can restore the model to your iPad and then re-process it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where did you read this was coming? I haven't received any emails that I know of, and the fact that they had been restoring it when need be was what gave me the confidence to delete them all.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I can't (quickly) find the email announcing this change, but I definitely saw it, probably a couple months ago. I'm so glad I got a new account and have been archiving old tours there instead of deleting them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I got the same one last week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
IMAGEXD private msg quote post Address this user
Just back up your work files (capture app) using iexplorer and don’t be dependent on anyone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Lol, same thing just happened to me.

My reply =>

I’ve had numerous models restored, Carlie.

And I know that Matterport deletes nothing.

So, if you no longer feel it is worth your while to restore the model for me, just say so.

But don’t lie to me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a Matterport basher... but wouldn't it make more business sense to restore them for $10 or something?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Expertise No kidding... I could at least stomach a small fee rather than have to deal with irate customers. I know it's possible because it's been done for me on a few occasions. I agree that the reply they cannot restore is misleading and should read that they will not.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
They are saying in MOUG that it's one persons fault and something about CCPA. Saw a video about this and it makes a good point, who really has a copyright if Matterport can be forced to take a scan down? This is going to get real interesting. Sounds like there is a complaint coming to the California Attorney General about scan deletions.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101432 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?