Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderAdd OnsCADMatterport MatterPakRenderingsRevitSketchUp

Architectural Files from MP Scan [Matterport MatterPak -->CAD file]12043

Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All-

Im seeing older post about this topic in the forum. So, I thought I would ask for any updates.

Once I have the Matterpak file I have to convert it, correct? If I want to provide an architect with the format he needs. For CAD and other programs? I did this a few years ago. Wondering if there is a new format/service for this.

Who is offering this service to convert the files?

Is there someone offering services to AEC group that would be willing to have a quick chat with me?

I have an Architect referral that a contractor friend wants me to call... I want to have my facts straight first. We haven't done any AEC work. I have a few questions.

M
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BlueImmersiveMedia

Yes. Here is a WGAN Member that offers Matterport MatterPak file conversion service:

From the WGAN List of 3rd Party Service Add Ons You Can Offer Without Leaving Home

(That's the Add On tab in yellow above)

✅Matterport MatterPak to SketchUp or Revit File Conversion

MP2FP (@mp2fp) WGAN Forum posts: MP2FP

Dan

P.S. Simply ask the Architect which CAD file format s/he needs. Typically, they would say something like:

✓ Revit (.rvt)
✓ SketchUp (.skp)
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Or read and try the DIY solution from this WGAN post

Matterport MatterPak and ReCap madness: How to Convert to CAD Formats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn604
The process to create a deliverable rcp file from the matterpak xyz file is fairly straightforward. As Meshimages said above, you only need the xyz file from the matterpak.

Recap Pro will not recognize the xyz file - it will only open its own native rcp/rcs files. You must first use recap to convert the xyz point file into an rcp point cloud that can then be used by an AEC professional with autocad or revit. (autocad/revit are not simple programs that can be learned over the weekend. They are extremely robust and precise tools that need training to use properly and efficiently.)

Recap pro is very inexpensive and any AEC professional with autocad/revit experience should be able to use it with very little difficulty. If all you are doing is simply converting the matterpak xyz into a deliverable rcp for use by your AEC clients, there are tutorials that will walk you through that. However you will still need to purchase the correct tool for the job (recap pro).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I went to @mp2fp 's website. There is nothing about that service offering. Or how to order it. Did I miss it?

Yes, I know to ask. I wanted more understanding of the process and insight on file types.

@MeshImages Thank to you as well. I will take a look.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BlueImmersiveMedia

@MP2FP is a division of...
https://www.baezeni.com/
Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BlueImmersiveMedia

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Video: How to Export Matterport 3D Models to Autodesk RECAP and Revit
Matterport Announces Integration with Autodesk BIM 360®
✓ WGAN Forum Posts Tagged: AEC | BIM | Construction Documentation | General Contractor | Cupix
Transcript: WGAN-TV-How to Make Money with Weekly Construction Documentation
Transcript: WGAN-TV How Matterport Pros can Make Money Scanning for "As-Builts"
Transcript: WGAN-TV Matterport Digital Twins for Facilities Management
Post 6 IP   flag post
101629 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?