Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GlassesLidarNewsQR CodesRobert Scoble

Robert Scoble: Why ... "every Starbucks will soon have a digital twin..."12036

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Robert Scoble (25 May 2020) Can Apple sell Glasses for cost? Yes, here's how it will turn LIDAR, AR, QR, and ApplePay into major profits

"Well, every Starbucks will soon have a digital twin built of it. Apple has been walking employees around with expensive 360-degree cameras and other sensors capturing stores and other indoor places into a computer in a backpack. Why is it doing this? To build a new Spatial Computing map of these stores," writes Robert Scoble.

"The opportunities for retailers to get new customers into their stores, and serve them much better, are endless. For Apple this further extends the Apple ecosystem and builds new shopping services that will disrupt Amazon," writes Robert Scoble.

"Even my 7-Eleven (there's one at the end of my street) has sizable ApplePay signs. The power of Apple at retail is already pretty strong and it will, starting later this year, use these new QR codes, LIDARs, and, by 2023 Glasses. In fact, my friend in Israel says that at Apple there's a new urgency to get glasses on the market to enable just this kind of use case and keep Amazon from doing damage to its partners with its new contact-less transaction stores, Amazon-Go (which uses hundreds of cameras and other sensors to watch you walk around a store and automatically charges you when you take products off of the shelf. Apple's system can do the same with just a pair of glasses)," write Robert Scoble.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Apppppppppppps private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not an Apple employee, though did some on my own. My first Matterport scanning case by the way.

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
This is great. I tend to go insecure when I see these posts, like, "OMG, 'they' are going to take all the business!" But no, this opens the door to the general public's consciousness. I am planning on doing a tutorial, "Why Matterport Matters" to post on YouTube. I predict every retail store will want this sooner than later.

I was inspired to create this tutorial after a realtor asked if I would shoot photos of a 1900 sq ft home and provide floor plans. I asked her if she would like me to do a Matterport tour, pull photos from that tour, provide floorpans and GIFT her the tour--for a RIDICULOUSLY low price. She shot back an email the next day saying, "Thanks, I found someone else".

I realize that pulled photos from Matterport are 90-95% the quality of bracketed shots--windows are often problematic. But seriously, for a smaller home in rural Massachusetts I can't imagine anyone noticing. Now, if this was a million+ property, yes, quality of photos must be impeccable. Windows can't be overexposed as they frequently are in MP. Anyway, I am convinced more education is needed. (some) Realtors are intimidated and want the SAME thing they've been doing--30-40 pics with floor plans.

Matterport still has a ways to go in making their links easily accessible to all sites. For example. The other day I was formatting a MailChimp campaign. After trying several different ways to embed I kept getting a message that MC didn't like the MP iframe. So I took a screen shot of the tour, placed the image in my email campaign and *linked* it to the tour. That worked perfectly. I felt clever for a few moments.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing Starbucks for about 2 years but the scans are for pre and post rennovation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Apppppppppppps private msg quote post Address this user
Took this one at 2018, March the 4th.Quote:
Originally Posted by Apppppppppppps
I'm not an Apple employee, though did some on my own. My first Matterport scanning case by the way.

Post 5 IP   flag post
101435 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?