Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HomePlanMuseums

Awesome Virtual Furniture Store Mattertag Import example12007

MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I just wanted to share this awesome Virtual Store example created by Greg West Photography: Ross Furniture.

Greg was commissioned to do this project and on his first pass, created the 280+ Mattertags manually - wow! Then Greg made contact with us about the HomePlan Automated Mattertag Import service, to update the contents of the tags.

First Greg provided us the Matterport URL with the old tags in place. We exported them to CSV - this gave all their current content and anchor positions (i.e. where they appear in the model). Greg then updated the CSV with revised labels, descriptions and URL links before providing it back to us.

We kept a backup copy of the original data, and screenshots of the tag positions. Then we use our Tag Import tool to remove the old tags, and test-import the revised tags in their place - they become what's called 'transient Mattertags', visible on screen for that session using the Matterport SDK. We visually check that the tags are all there, their positions are identical, and the revised content is appearing as expected.

Then it's the point of no return! OK not that drastic as we can re-import the original data, but it's now GO time. Greg transferred the model to our Matterport account (necessary to use our API feed). Then we submit the transient Mattertags via the Matterport API, and it goes away and permanently saves them into the model. This can take up to an hour to process.

Once done we do a final check in the model, compare the positions one more time, and do another count of the tags. It is possible for the API to drop tags (we found out things along the way like the tag label is mandatory via the API, but optional via Workshop), we hunt these down and either manually load them or fix and submit them in a new job. Then we transferred the completed/updated model back to Greg.

And the above is the result. Thanks Greg for using us on this project, and look forward to the 44 stores you are doing next (!). These will be fresh imports where we drop them close to their final location for Greg to position on each product - but still much, much quicker than creating all the Mattertags manually.

For more information, please check out https://www.homeplan.nz/tag-import/.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
amazing
Post 2 IP   flag post
fbond private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way ole the hot spots on and off? it would be Nice tO view the space w/o the hot spots. Secondarily, how can you create an area of the image as a hot spot w/o the button. hovering over a portion of the screen would reveal the link and double clicking would activate it. Looking for a way to use this in museums or sales rooms to view closer views or link to an active 3D image.
Thank you Ford Bond
Post 3 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone would go crazy tagging that all over again.
How do you charge for such services?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
Do you mind if I share this with perspective clients?
Post 5 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloPado
Do you mind if I share this with perspective clients?

Go for it - it's a public space
Post 6 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Great job, but I think there are too many circles. I wish we could have transparent circles or a way to trace the furniture with invisible hot spots like you can on 3DVista. That way you can just click on the item to get info.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SixtyNow
Great job, but I think there are too many circles. I wish we could have transparent circles or a way to trace the furniture with invisible hot spots like you can on 3DVista. That way you can just click on the item to get info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbond
Is there a way ole the hot spots on and off? it would be Nice tO view the space w/o the hot spots. Secondarily, how can you create an area of the image as a hot spot w/o the button. hovering over a portion of the screen would reveal the link and double clicking would activate it. Looking for a way to use this in museums or sales rooms to view closer views or link to an active 3D image.
Thank you Ford Bond

There's a couple of options using MP/embed. MPE has an option to toggle Mattertags on/off in dollhouse, floor plan and/or first person view. You then have a search dialog on the screen that allows you to select a tag and jump to it - but not show the tag button.

Yes, I think we all agree it's time MP introduced a more discrete Mattertag head size/design, we have asked the development team about it, but I think there eyes are focused on iPhone support right now.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?