Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceReal EstateRealtorsTips

Insurance advice1196

WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
I am looking for advice on getting insurance for my virtual tour business and equipment. Are there any good companies that you could recommend. Does any one have experience with insuring their business that you would share.
Thank You
Dave F
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DaveFahrny

I'm in Canada, so I don't know how policies differ, but I have the Matterport camera, tripods, and DSLR camera all covered under a policy for approx $500 CAD/year which I think is a fantastic deal.

I don't have the policy with me so I am going by memory, but I am pretty sure that includes theft as well as accidental damage (i.e., camera falls down stairs) as well as $2 million liability insurance (e.g, let's say it's -40 degrees (which it can actually get to here!), and we accidently switch off the furnace when we leave the house and the waterlines freeze and then break and the house floods and the owner sues us for the damages. None of the scenarios has happened, but definitely good to have insurance just in case!).
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Thank You
I am in Las Vegas. I am researching what a policy for this type of business will cost. I appreciate the input.
Is there anyone else that buys insurance out there?
Post 3 IP   flag post
JRMaddox private msg quote post Address this user
Im getting insurance from State Farm here in Southern California. Hes my insurance guy for my house and he stated that I could just get a policy in place that covers a certain amount for my gear. He said it wasnt necessary to get a policy that would cover all my gear just get a policy that would say cover $10,000 and if something was to break that it would be covered. I think the cost was really cheap like $300 a year or something.
I need to look into insurance for my business say I was to break something in the house or flood it....
Not that I expect that to happen.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
The Hartford business insurance. My policy not only covers my equipment if stolen, broken, up to 10K as well as liability insurance if I or one of my employees causes any accidental damage at a job site for up to $1 Million.
I pay a little more than JRMaddox, but well worth it.

Email for my agent: Jamaal.Dawson@thehartford.com
Post 5 IP   flag post
JRMaddox private msg quote post Address this user
@CarlosFHdz Ill have to check my policy on liability...
Post 6 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Here is what I have.

http://www.packagechoice.com/index.jsp#htwms
Post 7 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I have insurance on the camera and general liability insurance.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Thank You everyone!
BrianM
I just filled out the form for a quote on Package Choice. Can you tell if their prices are competitive?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Like Carlos, I also contacted thehartford.com. The process was simple and I'm happy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?