Has anyone else experienced Capture suddenly losing the ability to load a particular model's map?

Symptoms: Scan loads in Capture to a black screen stating nothing but "Updating Map..." but the UI remains "active". In fact I was still able to upload the model and see it in the Showcase, but cannot edit the local copy for trimming and other pre-showcase maintenance due to the fact that I cannot see the map. In fact new scan data appears to show on the map as I have experienced, but quickly undid as I did not want to corrupt the capture. Duplicates of the capture exhibit the same behavior.

This has now happened a second time to me in the last week and on TWO different iPad Pro 12.9s (one Gen 3 the other Gen 4). Both of those models I made use of the cortex 360 translation in a few locations, and since the update I have noticed that the map in general has been more corrupted than usual even when not using cortex conversion.

I have an email into MP - no response in a week and have been too busy to sit on the phone - but I will make the time now that I have a SECOND dead in the water model.

So, BE WARNED, I cannot confirm that this is cortex related, it might just be something with the release in general, but I would HIGHLY SUGGEST that you backup/copy your base model before doing any cortex merging just to be safe!

Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this, but will report back my findings regardless.