Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Insta360 One RWifi

Insta360 One R - Extend Wifi Range11935

simbany1 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious if anyone else is having these issues. Now having shot several 360 tours for clients, one of my problematic "on-site" issues have been the wifi range with the One R.

I'm using an 11" iPad Pro with the Insta360 app and when I'm inside a property, I'm usually good. It's when I'm generally doing exterior shots and I have to hide around the corner of the house where I see the app disconnecting from the camera...a few times with the client waiting inside wondering why the shot is taking so long vs the others.

Anyone have these some issues and come up with a way to extend the range?

TIA!
Post 1 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
The only way I know so far is to set a delay of few secs to shot the video/pic. This allow you to exit the scene.
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@simbany1 Not sure about the availability of add-on apps for the Insta360 line of cameras, but I shoot with the Ricoh Theta Z1 and turn on the add-on app that does delayed shooting between the front and rear cameras. Like you I am sure, I used to leave the room with every shot, but this got a bit tiresome. After I started shooting with the lens delay add-on, that problem and most surely the issue with WiFi between your iPad and the camera, goes away.
Post 3 IP   flag post
pguerreiro private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is the same with the Insta360 One X. The best way is to set a 5 or 10 secs timer in the camera. But if you are using the Matterport app you dont have that possibility and it's a nightmare to take the photos.

@bryanscott i wonder if that feature of delay works in the Ricoh Theta Z1 with the Matterport app. Probably i will buy that camera but i need to be sure if it works.

Thanks a lot
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the response everyone! I guess the delay will have to be the option. Just can’t believe the WiFi range is only 33ft.

@andreabortolot if you set the delay, take the shot and the phone or tablet you’re using with the Insta360 app goes out of range and loses connection while it’s counting down, the 360 picture is still taken and will be available? Guess I’ll just test it out too.
Post 5 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@simbany1 yes, when you hit the button the camera is setted to record and if you loose connection it will save your footage.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabortolot
@simbany1 yes, when you hit the button the camera is setted to record and if you loose connection it will save your footage.

That works for me for now! Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@pguerreiro Now that you mention it, the Theta Z1 lens delay add-on will not work with Matterport capture app. Any capture app that takes over your camera the way it does, renders the add—on apps useless. Sorry! Forgot about that...
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?