#HOMETOGETHER Quick overview on 360 placement for a Zillow 3D home tour or RicohTour | Video courtesy of Capture NW YouTube Channel | 12 May 2020

Hi All,

What are the best practices for shooting a Zillow 3D Home tour of RICOH Tour (or other 360 tour)?

In this workflow video, Jeff Nitschke with CaptureNW - serving North Idaho and Eastern Washington State - shows best practices regarding where to place a 360 camera in a multi-level home.

Jeff's point-and-shoot 360 camera workflow for 360º virtual tours includes:

✓ where to begin
✓ where to place the 360 camera
✓ how many 360 shots to take
✓ discussion of line of sight from 360 to 360
✓ 360 shots outdoors
✓ shooting L shape rooms
✓ shooting orders

If you are just starting out shooting 360 tours, this is a must watch video.

If you are a seasoned pro at shooting 360 tours, would you do anything differently?

Note: this is not the workflow for shooting Matterport 3D Tours.

WGAN Forum Related Discussion

WGAN-TV Transcript: An MSP Customer Journey: Jeff Nitschke with CaptureNW

Best,

Dan

Transcript (video above)

- [Jeff Nitschke] Good morning.

I've had a couple of questions recently with this recent illness outbreak about how I go about shooting either a RICOH Tour, a Zillow 3D Home tour, any of the tours, using one of the 360 point-and-shoot cameras.

So, I'm just going to do a rough mock-up of how I would go about shooting this "home" here as far as shooting the actual panos. So in this home, if you have a nice front yard, I would probably shoot something out here at the curbside to kind of give a perspective.

And then I would shoot one at the front door. I like to keep things kind of line of sight, so if you can see it with your eyeball you would be able to make the connection with the camera.

From the front door, I would do one immediately in the entry. Here, from the entry, I could easily hit the office from that. And depending on furniture in there would be where you would put the actual 360 camera on the monopod.

Living room. Once again, depending on furniture, I may do more than one in the living room depending on how the furniture lays out, but you would hit one in the living room. I would hit one or two in the dining room, once again, dependent upon furniture.

Kitchen. If you have good line of sight with the kitchen, you might just do one, but in this case, since this is an L-shaped kitchen, and you also have a doorway here, I would probably do something here, and possibly something here.

And then if you're showing your guests, or your clients the exterior here, I would do one just on the outside of the door to connect on the other side. And then wherever you would be showing in the exterior for a rear yard, or a garage that could be here. Coming back to the dining room, I would place one probably about right here in the hallway because that gives you easily access to grab the bathroom.

And then you could also grab the piano room off of, off of that. And then, it looks like this piano room is possibly open to the laundry room, so I would hit one in the laundry room, and then I would hit one at the base of the stairs going up to the second floor. Another door here. So, depending upon how you place these scans, I would either possibly add another one right here at the door.

And then I would label that something like side entrance, and I would do one outside, and then connect to whatever you can connect for the exterior spaces. Coming up to the second floor, I would add one at the top of the stairway. From the top of the stairway, since it's looking pretty much line of sight of this bedroom, I would just add one in the bedroom.

I would add another in this hallway right here, and then probably one here at the end of the hallway. If this mudroom was like a deck or something, I would grab one on the deck. From this hallway, I would add one here at this bath.

And from this hallway in the bathroom here, you could grab both this bedroom and that bathroom. And you could possibly even pull off this other bedroom here from that if you're able to see line of sight.

Since this is a larger bedroom, I would probably go back and do one just inside and one over here, once again, dependent upon, dependent upon, dependent upon furniture placement in the room.

So, it looks like there's another stair landing here to take you up to the third floor attic. So, one at the base of the stairs, and then you would have one at the top of the stairs. And then dependent upon furniture placement in this room, I would either do one in the center, or I would do the sides dependent upon how furniture laid out in that room.

I hope this helps anybody with a once over quick on how to add your panos to a Zillow or a RICOH Tour, or any of the other tour providers. I hope this helps. Thanks for watching.