Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase3DVistaPhotogrammetryRyzen 9 Processor

3D Models in Matterport?11921

Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all, with the almost total disappearance of my usual video and photography practice, I am making the move into adding 3D modelling and design to my practice. Specifically the creation of 360 'Virtual Tours' and even more specifically, tours of bespoke art exhibitions and galleries.

I build the galleries in Sketchup, hang the art, select paint and flooring, rig the lights and export however many 'photorealistic' panoramas I need to create a tour using vray and then create the tour in 3D vista. It's laborious work and the rendering is horrendous until my new Ryzen 9 processor arrives in a couple of days so I can get build the blazing fast PC sitting in bits on my dining room table. I also need that processing power to begin to wrap my head around the photogrammetry for sculpture, ceramics and jewellery.

Whilst 3DV is an excellent piece of software, until the planned update in Q3 of this year it will lack the depth mapping that is required to give the sense of movement within the space that Matterport provides. By comparison it feels 'janky'.

I know that the Matterport app and AI works with all kinds of cameras, but is there anyone using it to create tours based on 3D modelling or does anyone know of a way that such assets can be utilised within the Matterport model structure? Is it even possible? I know that Metareal can get me part way there.

As usual it feels like I'm swimming upstream in seeking the impossible, but with the huge knowledge here, I thought I would ask before writing it off.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

P
Post 1 IP   flag post
juan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, as far as I know, Matterport is incorporating 3D Models in there solutions but it is not an open solution, you have to send your tour to a company in UK, I understand that they created a system or addon that works only with mettafort but it is not available to the public, there are some resellers already of this service, I which 3D Vista have something similar but open to the public so everyone can purchase it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101600 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?