Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasGearHow ToPro2Tips

Matterport Pro 2- Popped your top? (WLAN Antenna)11914

BSSMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings all, first post here.

I dropped my Pro2 down two flights of stairs today. You can imagine how it felt. I panicked when I could see its guts and couldn't find the top plate. Camera seemed to still be working but signal kept getting screwy. When I found the top plate, I discovered why: the antenna is loosely connected there.

I searched for a fix and only found a topic here four years ago that another user said Matterport thought "it was serious" and needed to "come home". Total BS.

First, the FIELD FIX:
Your camera will still emit a very weak Wifi signal. Simply lay the iPad or iPhone across the top of your camera face up. Make sure any straps are removed, but leave any rubber case on as it will help keep from slipping. Carefully move your MP from point to point and try to start the scan so you have enough time to turn a corner and hide (or just follow behind it while it circles).

360Verbeelding's post on opening up the camera emboldened me to give it a shot and fix it myself.
clickable text

I was fully prepared to spend all night and it took me about 15 minutes. Took longer to open her up than fix the issues.

I forgot to take a picture, and am including both a picture from that post I found from four years ago and highlighted picture from 360Verbeelding's original post so you know what you're looking for. I take no credit for the pictures and am EXTREMELY grateful I found this community.

The main WLAN is the square with a QR code next to it. There's a tiny dimple beside it. That's the male end where the antenna's female end gets pushed onto. It does take a little pressure to secure it, so don't be scared. As long as you've lined up the circles it'll be fine.

That's it. It's that easy. Don't give MP the satisfaction.

Pictures follow:

Loose antenna female end:

Main WLAN male end:

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting this - I've never actually had a crash, but I've lived through the near-heart-attack of watching a tripod leg collapse and catching the falling camera in time.

Hopefully I never need to use these instructions, but I am very thankful to be a part of a community where this knowledge resides!

Best,

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
101629 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?