Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D ShowcaseCapture AppiPhoneOutdoors

Using iPhone app with Pro camera for interiors and iPhone for outdoor 360's11913

qtdesigns private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if the quality of models on the iPhone app when used with Pro camera is the same as on the iPad?

I'd like to potentially Pro camera for interiors and iPhone for outdoor 360's since my iPhone does better in direct sunlight.

Have been trying to get info from Matterport for days...no reply.

Thanks for your input!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
That's my plan.

I do not like interior taking with IPhone/Ipad but when I use my Ipad Pro outdoor it "lets" me scan it like nothing(Thetas, Matterport cameras) before.
It does not provide as great dollhouse view as coming from a Matterport camera but it works with the Sun and still "sees" much further than any device. There are still problems with mesh flying into a viewer's face but I think it is better having it that way for an outdoor tour than not having it at all.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, Wingman. Have you tried scanning an entire property using the iPhone app with Pro camera for interior and iPhone for 360? They refer to the iPhone capture as a "digital twin" - so I'm trying to discern if the model quality is the same using the iPhone app (with Pro camera) as the iPad version.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FYI, I did finally talk to someone at Matterport and she said that the quality of capturing with a Pro camera on iPad vs. iPhone should be the same.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdesigns
FYI, I did finally talk to someone at Matterport and she said that the quality of capturing with a Pro camera on iPad vs. iPhone should be the same.

It seems that everybody at Matterport has a bit of their CEO brain ;-) He is forgetting that their cameras are built the way that they are rotating around a specific axis just to capture 360 photo properly.
That's just an impression of the man who probably has never captured a single 360 photo. No wonder he is trying to tell everyone it will work well.

It can be the same if you capture it with a rotator. It can be even better with a rotator in resolution than Pro2 if you use three row capturing(complex scan) but without it people just get 360 with a lot of stitching errors.

As for your previous question, no I won't use it for interior. It takes much longer comparing to a Pro2 and I do not like a dollhouse generated with an Ipad.
Outdoor however is a different thing and you either use an Ipad there and get outdoor captured quite easy no matter of the Sun position or you do with it a Pro2 at dawn/dusk or use a Pro2 with Cortex.

The problem with a Pro2 and Cortex that you have to place captured 360 manually and there always be some level of errors and it will affect a lot of things.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101722 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?