Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CamerasDigital Twin CreatorREscan360ScanningVersusVirtual Reality

new Matterport competitor rescan360.com11851

jayrtfm private msg quote post Address this user
Rescan360 is a helmet that incorporates cameras and lidar. Has a downloadable demo app. "One person can capture up to 250,000 sq.ft. per hour"
Post 1 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
PhotoAndVideoEdits private msg quote post Address this user
I just downloaded it and experienced the app. I like the app better than Matterports showcase....It's smoother without blur when moving forward and way faster. This would be a game changer if it were affordable and knock Matterport out of the park. I got a feeling that you wont be able to by the hat for less than $3000 and thats what it would need to be to take over from Matterport.

The reason I say is the time that it takes to scan. If you can just walk around and it captures everything, a house can me done in minutes, not hours.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see it as a Matterport competitor. It's a cool way of familiarising yourself with a place but without any quality of detail that you get with panoramas. It's probably more of a competitor to the BLK2GO and other SLAM devices and the associated use cases.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
If the camera is $3000 or less (which I dont think that it will be) you can bet your bottom dollar that it would smash Matterport into little pieces and not just be a competitor. There are so many Matterport providers waiting for someone else to come along so that they could abandon ship, that they would even throw their 3D brick into the trash.

Finite detail is not needed for viewing 3D home tours (pro photos covers that). The idea of a 3D Tour is to get a general feel for the layout and fell that you are inside the home. Provided the hosting plan (or even better, being able to host it yourself) is less than Matterports old pricing model, people would jump ship to the hat in a heartbeat.

I did a promo where I basically gave away Matterports 3D Tour when someone bought a particular photo and video package. 90% of those packages that were sold, the agents asked us not to do the Matterport part of the package because "it added too much time to the appointment"...

Yep, basically giving it away and they didn't want us to do it due to time. But walking through a house with a hat on that takes minutes instead of hours changes all of that. If the price of the camera was less than $3000 and you could host the tour yourself with no shelve life, you'd better believe that Matterport would be going down real quick. Where they could earn their revenue would be from the processing of the tour into the 3D model. Its would only be a competitor to BLK if its in the same price range.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jayrtfm
@PhotoAndVideoEdits
@mcuddy
@hometakes

Hi All,

I reached out yesterday (Thursday, 7 May 2020) to REscan Inc. Co-founder and CEO Robert Herman, MRICS and received this reply and media release release (posted here:

Meet Rescan - 3D Scan helmet

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jayrtfm
@PhotoAndVideoEdits
@mcuddy
@hometakes

About REscan Inc. versus Matterport, this is a must read article on the topic:

✓ Nanalyze (5 May 2020) Does Your Real Estate Have a Digital Twin?

Here are a few short paragraphs from the lengthy, well-written/researched/knowledgeable article:

"A few years ago we looked at Matterport, a company that was building 3D images of building interiors and targeting residential real estate initially. Since then, they’ve captured over 2 million spaces which they believe is the largest index of built spaces in the world. That database of images can be rendered in any way, smartphone, VR headset, desktop, AR headset, it doesn’t matter," reports Nanalyze.

"Where REscan will excel is the ability to just show up and walk around and capture in- and outdoor spaces up to 250,000 sq.ft. in every hour while Matterport’s tripod-based camera takes almost a minute to turn around capturing approx. 10-15ft radius. In addition, REscan targets commercial properties that would otherwise be inaccessible to people using Matterport solutions. Imagine trying to cold-call a commercial property manager and asking if someone wearing a funny-looking helmet could video every floor of their office building. Having roots in commercial real estate gives REscan an advantage over companies like Matterport, but there’s certainly enough total addressable market for multiple players," reports Nanalyze.

Source: Nanalyze
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I welcome innovation like this, and if I could afford it, I'll be jumping on this for sure. Scanning massive spaces for bigger returns in a shorter amount of time? Sign me up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
this is competition to leica, faro and the likes -- nowhere to matterport.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Yup, this is for like 50,000 sq ft and above. I got some feedback from the developer re that, but great work by them for sure. Things are getting exciting and if you want to see how much opportunity is out there, look at Google Earth and scan the whole dang planet... there's more opportunity than any of us can handle.
Post 9 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Kumar this is like Matterport started with the early MP Pro1.

Imagine Rescan with a clean, perfectly structured and textured 3-dimensional mesh in this wonderful player. Maybe you could also draw highres images from this (additionally with renderers like vray or octane). You could also stage these images with 3D assets. Of course we are talking about pro services here.

In Berlin, Germany, I would scan 2 reference use cases with this system (as of today): Berlin Central Station and a trade show like IFA Berlin or BIM World in Munich.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101424 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?