Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360NewbiesPro2ProblemsReal Estate

Opinion of the Ipad (7th generation) and Matterport Pro 2?11850

wvirtualhomes private msg quote post Address this user
Would an Ipad (7th generation) which came out last year, with 128 GB work well with a Matterport Pro2? I am not ready to invest in an Ipad Pro. The other option is an Ipad Air 3 but that is almost twice of what the Ipad 7 goes for.

I don't mind if its slower than a pro or an air, since Im looking to save money

But I am worried that on big houses 6-10k sqft, will an Ipad 7 crash?

Reason I asked it before buying a Matterport, I had an Insta 360x one x. I tried scanning a large house with the Insta and a 32 GB Ipad 5th generation and after 80 scans, the app would crash after scanning. So I am wondering if Ipad 7 ok

Its actually listed higher then the Ipad Air on matterports reccomended Ipads

thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
iPad specs compared

Here is a comparison chart of all iPads ever built. The iPad 7th gen has a lightweight processor A10.

If you invest in a new iPad, I would always go for an iPad Pro. You will come to a job, where you will need the performance of the pro ipads.

It does not have to be the latest iPad pro. I have seen great deals on the iPad Pro 2018, which I am still using and which works fine. But I will also upgrade to the latest iPad pro with the next large projects.

If you need to save, I would probably save on storage of the ipad, but not on performance.
Post 2 IP   flag post
wvirtualhomes private msg quote post Address this user
You say I'll need the performance of the pro ipads....how? I dont understand, is it because of speed to process a scan because it shortens the time, or because my ipad will crash using an ipad 7 if I am doing, say a 10,000 sqft house (which I am scheduled to do)

Ipad 7 and Ipad Air and Ipad Pro are all on Matterports reccommended list, Im trying to understand is the Ipad 7 going to crash bc of the processor being only an A10?

BTW will it work fine if I get a 64GB versus an 128gb? Does 64 GB effect performance on site if I have 50GB of free memroy when I start a job?

thank you for your insight
Post 3 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @wvirtualhomes - Here is a simple formula that you can use to help guide you thru the iPad selection process:

Faster processor + Larger Storage = Less Headache

Could you use a slower, less expensive iPad and achieve your desired results...probably.

Is the risk of a potential headache worth the few hundred bucks you're looking to save initially...probably not!

Congratulations on your upcoming job and good luck with your purchasing decision!
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@wvirtualhomes

Yes, the ipad is the brain of your camera.

The camera itself does not do much more than capturing the data, but the ipad does all the processing and is repsonsible for speed and maybe future features (if you think of the new ipad pro 2020 with the built-in lidar).
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?