Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D ShowcaseBuyCamerasPilot OneReal Estate

Are Labpano Pilot One Tours Live Yet?11813

remaxvictory private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates on the Labpano Pilot One Virtual Tours or examples? Looking for a 1 step alternative to my Ricoh Theta Z1 + Matterport.
Post 1 IP   flag post
junior private msg quote post Address this user
Me too!
Post 2 IP   flag post
http://pano.pisofttech.com/pano/2004135e943a4f8cf3d560996147 Here is what Labpano sent me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
junior private msg quote post Address this user
They did a lot of pans for the area.
I would be interested in what you and others think.
I am not that versed to give a qualified opinion still learning.
But if I had to make a remark, I was thinking I could drill down more for 8k.

I will be interested in what others have to say.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@remaxvictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by remaxvictory
Any updates on the Labpano Pilot One Virtual Tours or examples? Looking for a 1 step alternative to my Ricoh Theta Z1 Matterport.

I reached out to Labpano about your question and received this reply ...

"We currently have no official statement. PilotTour is currently in the preliminary stage, and we are perfecting the details. Including user feedback for inaccurate positioning and adding tags. We are studying whether it is possible to introduce 3D, but it is currently limited to the research stage."

Labpano sent me a Pilot One for testing and review months ago. In my testing - at that time - Pilot One PilotTours was too early in development to test and review.

Transcript: Pilot One is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers

Here is an excerpt from my review:

First, I was super excited about creating Google Street View map updates and creating new Google Street View "blue lines" ... Essentially Google Street View where there is presently no Google Street View, that's the first thing that I was super-excited about testing. Second, is to create a PilotTour using the Labpano new Virtual Tour platform in the cloud, featuring auto creation of tours, that's using a process called V-SLAM.

Super-excited to see how Labpano new Virtual Tour platform in the cloud would automatically create Virtual Tours without a photographer having to create a constellation or organize the 360s into the tour. So I really wanted to create PilotTours with the Pilot One camera.

And the third reason that I wanted to accept the Labpano's invite to beta test and review the Pilot One was to create EyeSpy360 virtual tours using the 360 panorama shots from the Pilot One. Unfortunately or fortunately Labpano is having so much success with pre-sales, I have not received the GPS module and their recommended backpack as of [10 Feb 2020] in order to create Google Street View with Pilot One.

And, also unfortunately PilotTour is still in very early development and I'll talk more about my PilotTour testing and recommendations later in my review. I did successfully shoot 360 HDR panoramas with the Pilot One to create multiple EyeSpy360 virtual tours.

I've written a related WGAN Forum post titled, Are You a 3D/360 Camera Manufacturer? The Must Have Killer Feature Is ... So I go into great detail on this very point. For clarification, if the Labpano objective is - PilotTour: Indoor and Outdoor 360 Virtual Tour Made Easy" - that's their tagline, I would suggest that they study the EyeSpy360 Virtual Tour platform. For example, the EyeSpy360 workflow is much, much, much easier than the vision of Labpano's PilotTour even when PilotTour emerges from beta, even in its likely future state of what that might be.

Dan

--

Screen Grab: Labpano is presently accepting Pilot One pre-orders through the first week of March ($1,199 64GB | $1,249 128GB) with a free GPS module (valued at $129) with this link.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior
They did a lot of pans for the area.
I would be interested in what you and others think.
I am not that versed to give a qualified opinion still learning.
But if I had to make a remark, I was thinking I could drill down more for 8k.

I will be interested in what others have to say.

Yeah, it is an awful lot of scans. I also don't like that you can't just click the direction that you want to go. You have to click on the actual scan points.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?