Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google MapsIndoornavvisWayfinding

Any Indoor Mapping /Google Indoor Maps Solutions??11800

Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Hi WGANers,

I hope you are all staying well and seeing your hard work being put to good use in the current climate!

We've been asked for a wayfinding /indoor mapping solution for a number of clients (Universities/Hospitals... ) who we've created Virtual Tours for and I was wondering if anyone on here had experience in delivering this alongside the tours?

I know Google are rolling this out via their Indoor Mapping partners and have started with shopping centres but the partner programme is closed so we're looking either to work with someone who is a partner or someone who has another solution.

I've seen a couple of options out there but just wondered if anyone had any experience in this?

Thankyou in advance for your input!
Post 1 IP   flag post
zebrajack private msg quote post Address this user
@Convrts it is composed of 2 processes.

1. indoor map generation. but looks you are using matterport. If it is large enough. I think navvis trolley is better. I personally interested in using ipad pro lidar for mapping and working with my own algorithm for mobile mapping.But with those 2d layout. we need to translate it to 2d semantic map. For apple soltuion it is "Indoor Mapping Data Format (IMDF)", like https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/245/

2.wayfinding(or we called it relocalization). this is complicated task. some vendors will leveraging on either ibeacon/wifi for that. recently, AR with visual info for relocation/wayfinding as an complementary solution. apple has wifi relocation as well https://register.apple.com/indoor . it looks apple has already en-capsuled the algorithm. you just needs to work the RF survey part.

For me I am more interested in combine AR with RF survey.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Convrts

If you use Matterport for the Tour, two essential tours for wayfinding/indoor mapping:

✓ Add MP/embed Overlay to have an index of MatterTags that you can jump to
✓ HomePlan automation of importing/exporting MatterTags

This free WGAN-TV Training U course with HomePlan NZ Director Scott MacKenzie (@HomePlanNZ) discusses wayfinding/indoor mapping using MP/embed + HomePlan automation of importing/exporting MatterTags.

WGAN-TV Training U: Automating Exporting & Importing Matterport MatterTags

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Convrts

If you use Matterport for the Tour, two essential tours for wayfinding/indoor mapping:

✓ Add MP/embed Overlay to have an index of MatterTags that you can jump to
✓ HomePlan automation of importing/exporting MatterTags

This free WGAN-TV Training U course with HomePlan NZ Director Scott MacKenzie (@HomePlanNZ) discusses wayfinding/indoor mapping using MP/embed + HomePlan automation of importing/exporting MatterTags.

WGAN-TV Training U: Automating Exporting & Importing Matterport MatterTags

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Best,

Dan

Thanks very much for the info Dan, we use mattertags to jump around spaces / to other spaces.

What we're looking for is a wayfinding solution which we can add as a tag in the Virtual Tour which users can click on and it will give them a route from their current location to the room they are viewing.

We've been asked to do this by a couple of clients and while we can add a google map to get to the building we are looking at a solution to then bring the directions inside the building.

This will require an indoor mapping solution plus a "current location" solution (to identify where the user is ... ie the blue dot).

I know Google are rolling this out at shopping malls etc and the ones I've seen have been great, so I was wondering if anyone on here were Google Indoor Mapping Partners as it's such a great solution.

Thanks

Tony
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrajack
@Convrts it is composed of 2 processes.

1. indoor map generation. but looks you are using matterport. If it is large enough. I think navvis trolley is better. I personally interested in using ipad pro lidar for mapping and working with my own algorithm for mobile mapping.But with those 2d layout. we need to translate it to 2d semantic map. For apple soltuion it is "Indoor Mapping Data Format (IMDF)", like https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/245/

2.wayfinding(or we called it relocalization). this is complicated task. some vendors will leveraging on either ibeacon/wifi for that. recently, AR with visual info for relocation/wayfinding as an complementary solution. apple has wifi relocation as well https://register.apple.com/indoor . it looks apple has already en-capsuled the algorithm. you just needs to work the RF survey part.

For me I am more interested in combine AR with RF survey.

Thanks very much for this info @Zebrajack this is brilliant.... way beyond my skillset but means I know what I need to be looking for!

So are you using this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?