Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GoDaddyParametersSubDomain

Redirect a subdomain to a tour address11796

North Canton, Ohio
JHFoust private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone had any success redirecting a sub-domain to a tour address. 1&1 is truncating the string - eliminating everything after the first "&" sign. It did not do this previously on many attempts.

Has anything changed in the way Matterport handles the address and the URL modifiers?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
GoDaddy is about the only place I've ever seen this work well without effort. They have some custom solution they built on top of Linux.

This could be done in Apache (Linux Webserver) pretty easily.... which is very likely what GD has scripted a solution for.

Here's the discussion. See the answer with 20 upvotes on virtual host config. It's a technical explanation though so if you don't do LAMP stack servers then pass it to your web magician.
https://superuser.com/questions/597922/apache2-redirecting-a-subdomain-to-another-url

In theory Windows can do this, but Windows is such a bloated chunk of bull excrement that you'd be hard pressed to do it easily or quickly. I hold an MCSE, MCP+i, and MCITP+HyperV (3 Microsoft Certs that were once very valuable). I still think Microsoft is a snake oil factory and recommend Wordpress and Linux to anyone who doesn't have money to light on fire.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I use Google Domains (have almost 200 there). Works perfect creating all the sub domains and forward to the tour url. ie: 2045cameromlane.fanxyrealter.net
Post 3 IP   flag post
North Canton, Ohio
@GETMYVR - Thank you. I'll check it out. Does it accept the tour link and the URL Parameters? 1&1 did for months, then just started truncating everything past the first "&". We escalated the issue, and they are supposed to have an answer tomorrow. I'll post. If not, Ill transfer a domain to Google Domains and give it a shot.
Post 4 IP   flag post
North Canton, Ohio
@briangreul Thank you for getting back to me. I worked with Go Daddy a while this evening, and we were not able to get the DNS config to accept the address string. I will check your link, but I may be back asking what configuration you used to accomplish it. That was the question they suggested I ask Matterport, who could not be reached...
Post 5 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe create a basic web page and place/embed the MP space on that page.
Create a sub domain in GoDaddy WITH MASKING and that will keep the tour masked when it opens.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tel Aviv, Israel
Omertreedis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I recommend you try treedis platform.
We will release white label solution soon so you could have your domain on each tour.
www.treedis.com you can sign and get 1 week trial.
Best regards,
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?