How to Edit 3D Scans Captured with Matterport Capture iOS App) Part 3

Video 3 of 3: How to Edit 3D Scans Captured with Matterport Capture iOS App - [b]Part 3 | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 2 May 2020 | Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank

HI All,

From the Matterport YouTube Channel: Part 3 of 3

Learn how to personalize your immersive 3D space and share it with friends, family and colleagues!

In this video, you'll learn:

✓ How to customize your 3D model after scanning
✓ How to add media, including videos
✓ How to add labels and MatterTag annotations to your model
✓ How to add measurements
✓ How to publish and share your 3D scan on social media

Watch More

Part 1: Getting started with Matterport Capture - a 3D camera app for iPhone and iPad
Part 2: How to capture 3D scans on your iPhone or iPad using the Matterport Capture app
Part 3: How to edit 3D scans that were captured using the Matterport Capture iOS app

Get Started with Matterport Capture: a 3D Camera App for iPhone and iPad

Download

Matterport Capture iOS App

Matterport Capture App Allows You to:

✓ Share your Matterport 3D virtual tour with your friends, family and colleagues
✓ Share on social and messaging platforms with a Matterport-generated URL
✓ Sit back and relax, with automatic image processing, color correction, and face blurring
✓ Guide viewers around by highlighting features in your space with MatterTags and Labels
✓ Add measurements to your 3D capture to accurately size the space

Find Out More About the Matterport 3D Camera App for iPhone or iPad: Here

Get More Support Using the App: Matterport Support

---
Source: Matterport YouTube Channel
----

Transcript (video above)

- Welcome back to our three part video tutorial on how to capture using your iPhone.

This video will be customizing the Matterport model that we previously captured. Links to the other two videos are available in the description below as well as up here in the corner.

In this video, I want to talk about MatterTags, adding Labels to your model, sharing your model, things like that. So let's go ahead and get started.

First thing you're going to want to do, is jump over to the details tab over here to see the details of the model.

Now, you'll notice that the model name that I gave it when I first captured the model is right up here, as well as the address that was captured is over here.

Now this is really important because I know a lot of people are very concerned with privacy.

If you don't want the address to appear in the final model, just go ahead and change that to "City, state," or you can also use the "None" option.

Don't forget that you need to save this. And then you can come back to the Media tab and we can begin our editing.

Our model has been processed, and this model, because it's only two scan positions really didn't take very long at all. First thing we want to do is just go ahead and hit the play button here to load the model. And once we're loaded, we can just have a quick look at it before we begin our edit.

So this looks really good, I can move between the two different positions using either the keyboard or the mouse. And now I just want to hit the pencil icon over here to begin editing. Now even though my model is only one room, your model may have more rooms.

So you might want to use the "Labels" feature.

And to do that, you just go ahead and tap the "Labels" tool over here in the tool bar and choose "Add." Now as soon as we add we'll get to the Floor Plan View because this is the best view to look at when adding Labels. Also, when visitors are viewing your model, they will have to go to the Floor Plan View in order to see the Labels you've created.

So I'll just click anywhere on the 3D mesh and just type in my Label. And there's no limit to the number of Labels you can add. Now let's go ahead and create some MatterTags.

To do that, I'll just press the "MatterTag" tool right over here, and I don't want to do this in the Floor Plan View, so I can either go to the Inside View just by clicking anywhere, or by choosing the Dollhouse View in the bottom left corner.

So let's go ahead and set our first MatterTag. I'll press the "Add" button up here and then when I bring my cursor back into the model you see that a MatterTag comes along with the cursor and I can place it anywhere there is actually 3D mesh.

So I'll just go ahead and place it over here, put in my MatterTag, I can add a description, I can add a video, embed images, things like that.

Whatever I want to do to really enhance this model and give it as much information as possible for the visitors. So in this case I'll hit "Done." And I'll add another MatterTag.

And I'll hit "done" there. Okay, so now let's say I've got everything that I want tagged up is tagged up, Again, as I said before, you can embed videos from YouTube, images that are online, and just about anything you want to personalize this and really make it your own.

Now let's create some measurements. You can do this for your visitors, so that way when they press the measurement tool they'll already see the measurements that you took for them.

So I'll press the "Measurements" tool icon, it looks like a little ruler over here again in the tool bar. And press "Add." Now depending on what it is that I want to measure, it might be easier to just click once to set a start point, and then move over to set an end point somewhere.

Or, it may also be easier to just double click.

So if I want the floor to ceiling height, I can just hit "Add," let's go up here to the ceiling, and just double click, press the check mark and you can see that I have a perfectly vertical line going from floor to ceiling with that double click.

So that makes it really easy to draw a line that is perfectly perpendicular to the surface on which you initiate the measurements just by double clicking.

So now we've created some Labels, we've created some MatterTags, and I've taken some measurements.

I encourage you to look through the other tools that are in this tool palette, in order to discover more things that you can do with your model. But for now, I want to take you to a section over here that says Photos.

And what this is, are actually pre-captured photos that the system generates as the model is being processed. You have a couple photos that are pre-generated as well as a couple teaser videos.

And these are really really great just to get you started in order to have something to share on social media very quickly without having really done anything at all in the model.

Once you're done Labeling and MatterTaging the model so it's just as you want it to be, you can go back up into the "Showcase" tab over here. Don't forget to press "Publish."

That way all the changes and additions you have made are going to be public for other people to view. Once it has been published, you can go into the Padlock icon right up here to unlock the space. Confirm, and then press the share arrow to get your share link.

All I have to do at this point, is press the "Copy" button over here. I'll have copied the share link, and I can share that on any social media that I want. Last thing that I wanted to point out, is the "Allow Social Sharing" field down here and mine is set to the "Default" which is enabled.

But if in bold yours happens to say "Disabled," you can go into the "Enable" button right here to enable it. That will allow your visitors access to this share button down here that they'll be able to press and copy the link, or directly link to the model via any of these social media platforms. And that is really all there is to it.

It's quite simple. There's not much involved in editing and polishing up your model to truly make it your own.

And, like I said before, this is really really a great memory of the space that you have as it is right now. So adding these MatterTags and Labels to your model will only further enhance that effect and really make the model something a lot more personal to you.

So get creative with it. Capture your space, edit it any way you like by adding MatterTags and Labels. Embed videos, making it so much more impactful and interesting for your visitors. And then finally share your new 3D model with everyone you know.