Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ADA CompliantHow ToMatterport

Matterport ADA Compliant Virtual Tours11755

Atlanta
BarnesCreative private msg quote post Address this user
ADA compliancy is a complicated topic, especially with virtual tours. I can speak from experience when I say you will get that call from a client who will need them. They will need them or they will no longer be able to use your services.

This is not a casual desire to have tours that are ADA compliant. This is a legal mandate from many industries like hospitality, education and more.

We launched our new proprietary player a few months back which can save you when you need it. We've written up a new demo and 2 min feature video overview for the process to convert a Matterport tour to become ADA compliant.

Watch here: https://barnescreativestudios.com/matterport-ada-compliant-virtual-tours/
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Are you telling us that Matterport is producing a product that is not ADA compliant? Why would they submit themselves to such liability.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Why not explain a little more instead of selling on fear?

How exactly does your product comply with ADA in what is essentially a virtual experience? For someone who is vision impaired about the only thing that would be compliant is a verbal discussion of the property... which is what the agent or business should be doing. Not the photographer.

From Wikipedia: A photographer (the Greek φῶς (phos), meaning "light", and γραφή (graphê), meaning "drawing, writing", together meaning "drawing with light"[1] is a person who makes photographs.

A photograph (also known as a photo) is an image created by light falling on a photosensitive surface, usually photographic film or an electronic image sensor, such as a CCD or a CMOS chip. Most photographs are created using a camera, which uses a lens to focus the scene's visible wavelengths of light into a reproduction of what the human eye would see. The process and practice of creating such images is called photography.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Atlanta
Not selling on fear. Selling on the reality that I’ve experienced. I created a solution to help others avoid losing business like i did.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
How do we know matterport's not already working on this solution?

This sounds like it's their responsibility. Have you reached out to Matterport about this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Atlanta
@getmyvr it’s actually not Matterport who is liable for anything. It’s a very complex situation to navigate. I found out the hard way that it was up to me to solve the issue for my clients or I would lose them. Matterport is selling a virtual tour and don’t have to make it ADA compliant. Some industries don’t demand it and it would be very hard for Matterport to make a one size fits all solution. Each tour is different and not a quick easy fix to make the media.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Atlanta
@getmyvr I know they aren’t offering it because they have told as much. I was one of the original Matterport camera owners and almost 3 years ago lost a major client because there was no ADA solution.

I’m now working with them on a way to help push it out to their customers that are demanding it. It’s in the works. We took several months and lots of investment to create the only streamlined solution out there. I only did it because it kept coming up and there was no solution.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I can see the coders in India right now working on a cheap or free version for everybody.

They say the best way to create a product is to create a problem.

Please share, what end users would need this? Where's the demand?

And you said you lost a major client about 3 years ago because of this. certainly there was no option available back then so they must have just abandoned the virtual tours altogether right?
Post 8 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
Been in this business for over 2 years and never have heard of this. Not even a whisper.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I did a large tour for a local university and at the end they actually asked if it was ADA compliant. I said no, they did not appear to be too concerned. But the marketing person for the whole university wants me to create virtual tours for the rest of the university. He did ask about ADA which I had researched and spoke directly with @BarnesCreative because they appeared to be the only available option. It will cost the University a lot more, but ADA is not something to joke about or ignore.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I'll give Barnes Creative some good props either way for coming up with this idea. It's going to help us all. Took me a little bit to let it all sink in.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101642 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?