Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ChecklistCoronavirusCOVID19Question of the Day

Question of the Day: Your best practices for scanning during COVID-19?11746

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 1 May 2020:

What are your best practices for scanning during COVID-19?

(Got a COVID-19 check list to share?)

Stay healthy,

Dan

P.S. This topic was inspired by the following WGAN Forum post in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Question of the Day: Sheltering in Place? Re-Open or Wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jericreson
As part of the real estate industry, we've been considered essential, all along in my state. My policy, both on the photography, and brokerage side, has been to take fewer clients - to allow for extra time so there is no rushing, no forgetting to sanitize and take proper precautions as I go. My "go kit" includes shoe covers, a sanitizer spray pen that I clip on my shirt for easy access, alcohol wipe packets in my pocket, and a mask. I ask clients to not be present in the home, and let me do my thing first - then we can talk, with social distancing, afterward, in the driveway. Sanitize on the way in - on the way out - wipe down every switch or surface you've had to touch, and take your time - That's my schtick
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I would highly recommend that no one scans any property which is currently habited.

Everything you touch or come into close contact with has the potential to infect you and your family and also the next household you may scan

I have been busy for the past 5 weeks BUT all properties have been empty and even then I have followed the below practices

1 Ensure all devices fully charged
2 Full tank of fuel, use gloves in filling station and contactless payment
3 Bring disinfectant spray and empty plastic take away food container
4 When you meet the agent or developer collect all the keys for that day, have them put the keys in the plastic container
5 Spray the keys with disinfectant
6 On arrival just bring into the house what you need leaving unessential items in car
7 Use disposable gloves while opening and propping all doors, turning on lights etc etc
8 Remove gloves and scan
9 2nd pair of gloves to turn everything off and lock up
10 place keys in a sealable sandwich bag to return to agent

Items needed

Disposable Gloves
Hand Sanitiser
Plastic tub
Disinfectant spray
Sealable sandwich bags

Some may find the above a bit over the top, but it is relatively straight forward, no one I have met found it that way, in fact they appreciated the effort made.

I have an elderly mum and I couldn't live with myself if I somehow passed it onto her through negligence
Post 2 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk Good and sensible list. Thank you for sharing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
We are starting back with our real estate photography today. If the virus upticks after the state partially re-opens, we will shut down again.

We request that the door be open and the house photo-ready. Our agents are used to us moving some things, adjusting bedspreads, blinds, etc. but that isn't happening at this now with this re-boot. We are also requesting nobody but the photographer be in the house while we are photographing. The real estate agent must tell us if anybody has been or is currently covid positive at the home. (We have to trust people to tell the truth)

The photographer will wear a face mask, gloves, and booties while in the house. We will lock the door on our way out.

I guess we will find out today if the realtors are listening to us. I'm most worried about the photo-ready part being done. If we find it's not happening, a rescheduling fee will have to be instituted.

All rules and procedures are subject to change at any time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here's a COVID-19 check list from Matterport:

Guidance During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Anything to add either to those that posted (above) or in addition to Matterport's checklist?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman

We offer Coronavirus free Matterport 3D Scanning on every job!

@rzphotoman

Any best practices to add to this discussion?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101722 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?