Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CorporateHosting

big corporate clients lose their tours11731

036360 private msg quote post Address this user
All your big corporate clients lose their tours if you stop paying hosting.
Imagine the repercussions they would face if you quit paying hosting to Matterport.
What if you croak tomorrow, how are your large corporate clients protected?
What if you want to change careers and don't want to pay hosting any more, how do you break the news to your clients that expect their tours to always be there?
Post 1 IP   flag post
jacobpmac private msg quote post Address this user
Offer them a hosting package that must renew every 6 months. If it is a corporation that needs many showcases to be hosted it might be best to have them set up their own Matterport account where they can pay their own hosting fee. No where in my contract does it state that they can expect for their tour to be hosted for life. There is portion that explains that if they still need hosting after 6 months they will have to begin paying hosting fees.
Post 2 IP   flag post
zenith012 private msg quote post Address this user
The Matterport paradigm is …. horrendous. From IP - to being a perpetual hostage to..... (the list is really long).
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Sales Staff are all over your corporate clients. If you croak, they’ll know it. I exceeded my max this month and magically, my corporate client got their own account. Cute coincidence.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Well, they are branded all over everything - normally I'd never let a vendor I'm using add thier brand - with matterport they solved that right away and probably on some level why Streeteasy and other's won't adapt the technolgy as a preferred partner and plus or plus matterport should have made that connection - so far they have scored nothing right/ AirBnB - nothing, StreetEasy - nothing, Zillow? I think VBRO ? maybe?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I may need to be more careful regarding mine. The recent ones probably do not need anything right now apart from what I have done for them already. However I have just scanned for a new one and they have plenty of jobs coming. The one I have done today is just a test for them with the smallest apartment they are selling but they are very existed about Matterport, seen my other client models and I am sure they will go ahead with the rest.

BTW, Can potential buyers access 3D Matterport tours if they are in China?
Post 6 IP   flag post
zenith012 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Ok, I may need to be more careful regarding mine. The recent ones probably do not need anything right now apart from what I have done for them already. However I have just scanned for a new one and they have plenty of jobs coming. The one I have done today is just a test for them with the smallest apartment they are selling but they are very existed about Matterport, seen my other client models and I am sure they will go ahead with the rest.

Unless China stops them (VPN's fix all that anyway). As I flushed the Matterport contract down the drain a few months ago and I remember some of this without re-reading - Matterport actually only agree to make sure it works for people in..... California. That said - embargoed countries are listed like Venezuela and so on.

As for Matterport stealing/marketing to clients - you agree that's perfectly fine per their contract.

Then again - Matterport reserve the right to change the contract terms at any time, and you logging in is your explicit agreement to the terms. So - who knows - maybe it got better?
Post 7 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I have a prospective client who lost 2 tours. It seems the MSP has gone out of business and disappeared. I tried to get Matterport to help. They said they could not do anything because of privacy rules. Yes, it is an opportunity to rescan for them but it is in a different country so no way for the moment and they have frozen all their budgets.

Aware of the above problem and that I could croak it from Covid, I had a new large account requiring 19 scans of a campus. I set up an account for them which they pay for and which we both have access to. But they come to me for scanning and support. Everyone is happy.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Matterport Sales Staff are all over your corporate clients. If you croak, they’ll know it. I exceeded my max this month and magically, my corporate client got their own account. Cute coincidence.

Yikes!

Anything to add? Perhaps you asked your corporate client if/when/how Matterport researched out?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman

@JuMP in China

Can you comment on this?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
No corporate client will host +100 tours with a single tour photographer. Its always a question of make or buy. And the next question is wether to throw good money after bad.

Same for me. The way Matterport introduced their Matterport Scan Services heavily damaged my confidence. And I am asking myself wether I shall continue to invest into this system (and hosting fees) or try to replace it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?