Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603DVistaEyeSpy360Real EstateVirtual Reality

Can this be done in Matterport?11711

MortenKrog private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I've made a tour that showcases a remodeling of a house, with before/after effect. It is important that you can actually see the before/after effect, as it is used in virtual reality.

Does anyone know if the Matterport platform can be manipulated into doing this?

And if not, do you know of any other software that can do it, that is also 3D?

Best regards

Morten
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@MortenKrog Try EyeSpy360...you can edit the panos. Not sure if you can achieve what your talking about with it, but I know you can't do it with Matterport.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
@MortenKrog Try EyeSpy360...you can edit the panos. Not sure if you can achieve what your talking about with it, but I know you can't do it with Matterport.

Thank you for your answer!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Consider doing it in the 360° world instead of Matterport.

3DVista, which I'm in the process of learning, has a mode called LIVE PANORAMAS. This process overlays multiple panos taken from the same position so that they dissolve from one to another at a timing interval that you set during processing. The image remains a 'spinnable' pano in the end. Here are two examples, captured as 360° video for YouTube:

Here's a video of one example -
and another -

Here's the full tutorial -

Of course, you could also just capture multiple 360 panos in the same spot and connect them with on-screen links named for the dates they were taken, but this would not match the rotational position from one to another, I don't think.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Home3D This is actually a great solution. Or could be at least. Thanks a lot for this!

Haven't tried 3dvista in a lot of time though. Where are they on their 3d effects? As it is in VR, it is really important that there is depth and volumes in the pictures.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
I have only used 3DVista for about one month. It's a big learning curve but worth it. Many people use the platform for VR, though I'm not yet into this. But here's a link to check out.

Yes, 3DVista handles stereo VR. Look at this on your "Cardboard" or other headset -
clickable text

It's small and simple, but proves the point. I recommend concentrating on "View 1" and then visually select between the two circular hotspots mounted to the long wall near the table with six chairs. You will be seeing in stereo and alternate between the vacant space, a wireframe of furnishings and the furnished space. No reason when this can't work transitioning between matched 3D stereo panos taken at different places in time, as I see it.

Pushing the envelope.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
@MortenKrog I completely agree with @Home3D in fact one of the many tutorials I have been watching from 3DVistas shows a kitchen that is totally destroyed and as you pan it becomes the completed kitchen. Very impactful. They are a one time purchase and like @Home3D, I am just learning. There is so much there to wrap your head around and they are constantly improving and adding.
They have been in the business for 20 years and have just launched a new application to their gallery -Virtual Training and Education! Surely someone on this site will be able to jump onto that niche!
(My daughter has an online training company looking at it, so if you have any interest, let me know.)
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Home3D As I see it though, the stereoscopic VR would take stereoscopic images as well, and the camera equipment for this is quite expensive. Am I right?

This is unless it is renderings of course. That could easily be made. It looks good though!

@GFHoge Thank you for your answer! Appreciate it. The same questions goes to you, if you know anything about this? I have seen the New York apartment staging, and it looks awesome! But if the original pictures are in 2D, I'd say that the experience is just not good enough yet.

Sounds nice about the virtual trainng and education. I'll let you know if needed!
Post 8 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D and @GFHoge - The 3D Vista Live Panoramas look like they would be great to demonstrate construction progress. However, it would be difficult (impossible?) in those settings to maintain consistent camera position over time, for example, as the foundation is laid/built and flooring is added (dirt to concrete or joists to subfloor to carpet). I wonder if it would be possible to estimate changes in height and position, close enough to work roughly but good enough, like with somewhat blurry transitions but solid between transitions. You could speed up the transitions and hold longer between.

This might be easier in a remodel or insurance restoration setting.

Thought?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@MortenKrog - Yes, you'd need a stereoscopic 360 camera. I'm inclined to save up for the Insta360 Pro 2, though at $5k I won't be buying it tomorrow. Hey Dan, any WGAN super deals on this high-end 360 camera? They likely don't sell so many of them, maybe they'll make you a deal?

I haven't compared multiple systems, but I've been very impressed and pleased with the Insta360 One X and now the R. Both really good values and the Insta editing software makes things way simpler than most competitors.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
@MortenKrog - Yes, you'd need a stereoscopic 360 camera. I'm inclined to save up for the Insta360 Pro 2, though at $5k I won't be buying it tomorrow. Hey Dan, any WGAN super deals on this high-end 360 camera? They likely don't sell so many of them, maybe they'll make you a deal?

Yes. WGAN can save you 5 percent on the Insta360 Pro 2 Camera ... because you are a WGAN Standard Member. Please Private Message me for details before you make your purchase.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101587 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?