Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlastsVirtual Reality

Matterport VR Showcase + Samsung Gear VR1170

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The following is the text of an email (14 December 2015) from the Matterport Team.

(I missed posting this one.)

Do you have comments about this Matterport announcement?

Happy New Year,

Dan

---

Dear Matterport Customer,

We’re celebrating the consumer release of the Samsung Gear VR headset with an exciting release of our own. The latest version of Matterport VR Showcase is in the Oculus™ Store ready to download!

Paired with our all-new online 3D Space Gallery, it opens up a new world of 3D Spaces that anyone can explore online.

If you haven’t already experienced our VR Showcase, now’s the time!

In-App Gallery

Our all-new in-app Matterport Gallery lets any user browse from a large selection of public Spaces in six categories, from Arts & Entertainment to Travel and beyond! The Gallery is filled with amazing Spaces to explore from all around the globe, available for downloading directly to your phone.

New, more intuitive user interface

We’ve reimagined the user interface for improved navigation and an expanded library of Spaces. Now, VR Showcase includes Options and Help menus, and allows users to switch between Monoscopic and Stereoscopic Modes, and turn off transitions, to accommodate those who experience discomfort in VR.

More Spaces in less space

Matterport Spaces are now 70% smaller. Fit more on your phone and download an expanded gallery from our public library.

Descriptions

Matterport VR Showcase now supports Space descriptions, in addition to titles and subtitles, for each VR Space.

With new, smaller file sizes, it’s fast and easy to discover and explore new VR Spaces. We will continually refresh the Gallery, so be sure to check back often!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact vr@matterport.com for support.

Thanks,

The Matterport Team
Copyright © 2015 Matterport Inc.
All rights reserved

140 S. Whisman Rd, Suite A
Mountain View, CA 94041

Corporate Office
+1 (650) 641-2241
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered a model to be converted to VR back on December 3rd and am still waiting for its completion (today is Jan. 11).

I did get an email today stating "Your models are now in the final stages before delivery. We will send them to you as soon as they pass their final round of testing."

So yeah... if you plan on doing a conversion be forewarned that its a significant wait time!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't realise it took that long.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm guessing the holidays didn't help as they probably took some time off for that.

Still though... quite the wait!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D @Jamie

I could also imagine that all 3D-->VR models for the Matterport VR Showcase App took priority: including one of mine

Now that the VR app is released, there's problem some backlog and then the Matterport VR team will be caught up again.

Yes. Holidays probably put them behind too. Plus, Matterport is doing two trade shows this months (CES 2016 and Inman Connect 2016). I could imagine some 3D-->VR model conversions jumping the cue for these events.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, i am sorry but i don't think that's a excuse for the time MP needs for processing VR scans. Its not our problem the are doing two tradeshows. If so tthey need to step up so we as early users don't have to wait more trhen 24 hours. If MP want us to go VR then they have to provide the service for us to do so.

It would be realy great to see this Showcase in VR. But if it takes 3 weeks to process its not worth the wai

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=e6YHjC6jVsV

Grtz Rene.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ushflynn private msg quote post Address this user
+1
With you there.
As a paid service, I wouldn't expect my work to be held up because the company is attending trade shows. This should have been accounted for when they signed up for the shows
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
The main problem I would see is if the delivery was promised sooner. I don't really have much of an issue if you know in advance that the product will be a week or a month, but it's something you need to be able to pass on to your client, and let them decide. If they say it will be 1 week and then it's 4, then that's an issue.
Did they give you an ETA when you ordered it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jamie Upon my original inquiry I was told: "At present, a typical model can take up to two weeks of calendar time to convert to VR. Though most models are converted a bit quicker than this. Larger orders of 5+ models may require additional time." That was back in mid-October.

It wasn't until early December that I put in my request for the VR conversion at which time I was told, "since the launch of the GearVR this past week, there has been tremendous interest in our VR program, and as a result there is currently a small backlog for VR model conversion. We are working hard to get through this but in the meantime, turn around times for VR models will vary greatly depending on the model you wish converted. Most models will take several weeks or more, and with holiday season, many models will be delayed even further."
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?