Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport 3D Workshop Wish List117

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@judysmithre

It's a great question for Matterport: how to optimize load time, if that's possible.

In the mean time:

1. the larger the 3D model, the longer to load (For example, a 200 scan model will take longer to load than a 100 scan model)

2. faster processing -- iPad Air versus iPad -- will load faster

3. We manage expectations: "Takes about 10 seconds to load" We include this (and more) text within the embed code that we provide clients. If you click here and scroll down, you'll all the caption text that we include with our Matterport 3D Showcase. (I shot this 3D Showcase yesterday and delivered to our client this morning.)

Best,

Dan
Post 76 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@judysmithre I think they are starting to get really popular but still have same basic hosting package from AWS. They need to have a big package that is overkill for traffic they are getting because they are not going to get less popular. This effects all of us and I have noticed load times slow significantly and I think it is on there end and not ours. ANyone else notice this is or is it a problem on our end?
Post 77 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Canada
Can music be added to the models so as someone is walking around they can hear music...?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hahaha I wish
Post 79 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Canada
Cause I figured out how to make a fly through video. And it would be nice to have [white circles] removed
Post 80 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
New Auto-Play feature should be an enabled button within 3D Workshop.

See how sweet @rpetersn did this integration [within a few hours of the Matterport announcement ]
Post 81 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know why the starting location of the tour can't be the floor plan view?
Post 82 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @tejas_mithapelli
Hi Guys!!

... My client doesn't like the Floor plan view. Is there a possibility to dis-able or de-activate the floor plan & doll house view.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejas M.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Isn't the doll house and floor plan view the best parts of the whole thing? Without them you just have a low res walk through that an average camera could beat
Post 84 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
On Tuesday, 12 May 2015, I sent the following 3D Workshop "wish list" suggestions to Matterport.

Please continue to make 3D Workshop "wish list" suggestions in this thread. I will continue to forward on to Matterport.

Thanks,

Dan

----

High Priority / Minor Resources

1. Automatically calculate square footage for client billing (nearly all pros charge by sf)
2. Automatically calculate sf by room and by floor and total (for real estate agents)
3. To enable sf measurement by photographer, add polygon trim tool per floor. Then auto-generate screen captures per floor – with just this polygon – for invoice attachments.
4. Option to switch to metric units in the measuring tool
In Unity, hide the menu so that you can see what the screen will capture (photographers care)
5. Add “Export All” button for snapshots
6. Enable option to set the “Splash Screen” different that the “Fly-in Point”
7. Slower panning to be used with Quicktime screen capture
8. Use the identical scan numbers in the Capture mini-map as in 3D workshop scan view. This will help with which scans to disable
9. Enable Collaborator to use the same email address as their account
10. Enable custom short-link creation. Shorter. Memorable. Tracking.
11. Place the “3D Showcase” blue bar above the name. If you have a long name, user may not see
12. In lieu of “3D Showcase” please use a universal symbol for play button
13. responsive design embed code

High Priority / High Resources

1. Add usage statistics like YouTube and StarCounter (e.g. number of views, map of where views originate, likes, time spent)
2. Annotation [Link(s), video, audio, photo, text, social (FB, Twitter)]
3. Annotation – measurements created in Workshop viewable within 3D Showcase view
4. Annotation global (for example, audio plays in the background telling you about this house or floor)
5. Annotation – enable labeling floor names, rooms
6. Be able to set the starting PoV on every scan (so that you avoid staring at blank walls)
7. Option to change white balance in post (office lighting, house lighting, daylight)
8. Disable scan in dollhouse view, but viewable in WalkAround
9. Build in styling (CSS) to make embedding models easier on responsive design websites
10. Generate a video for YouTube/Vimeo (automatic and pro - control - version)
11. “Blur” tool either manually or automatic to blur faces of people
Add field: geo-tag (automatic) with write-over option (include in API)
12. Add field: category (include in API)
13. Option to add a photo for the “splash screen” (for example, front, exterior view of the house)
14. Option to swap-out 3D Showcase models without the unique identifier number changing
15. Within Unity, enable higher resolution snapshots

Low Priority / Minor Resources

1. Offer sizes for screen captures
2. Offer different file formats for screen captures
3. Make it clear that Snapshot took a photo (audio or visual feedback)
4. When downloading the “snapshots” use the date/number file name rather than “Model Screenshot” - even better, also add the title of the 3D showcase to the “snapshot” file name (for SEO).
5. Enable the photographer to set the file format name globally, including [Date]
6. In measure, sequentially number the measurements. Add scroll bar.
7. In annotate, sequentially number the annotations. Add scroll bar.
8. In scans view, add scroll bar
9. Add batch “Move to Folder” (to move more than one 3D Showcase into the same folder)
10. Add feature back in: option to receive email notice that a model is uploading.
11. When using “Move Model” and you have a ton of models, it would be helpful if the “cancel” and “accept” buttons also appeared at the top.
12. Option to change the scan ring color. (The white rings are hard to view on light/white floors.)
13. In Unity-->Snapshot | Why is there a Capture option rather than just Snapshot to the take the photo? More options coming in Snapshot?
14. New Auto-Play feature should be an enabled button within 3D Workshop

Low Priority / High Resources

1. Panoramic image editing like color correct, etc.
2. Enable the user to select the language and translate on the fly (written in English; viewer select language
3. Enable 3D Showcases to be copied to another Matterport account
4. Enable .obj import (e.g. enhanced model)
Object file (.obj) compile the mesh and texture data in a structured way
5. Predictive Mesh Fill Feature for .obj - for example, the chair blocks the sofa, wall and chair so presently the mesh view is missing data behind the chair. So, proactively make the mesh better than the camera actually captured.
6. In Unity, if you have two scans nearly on top of each other, it can be difficult to select the scan(s) you want to deactivate.
7. Thumbnails in 3D Workshop need to be full frame
8. In Unity-->Scans | The last scan is hidden under xxx/xxx scans: hard to disable the last scan.
9. In Unity -->Snapshot-->Capture | When using Capture, stay in Gallery view: not reverting back to Scan view. For example, when I Capture 25 images, it adds 25 steps to revert back to Gallery view.

---
Post 85 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Well done Dan, it will be interesting to see MP response
Post 86 IP   flag post
Nice list Dan. Let's hope they implement some of these ideas.
Post 87 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
tejas_mithapelli private msg quote post Address this user
Nice list Dan. It's time that matterport comes up with some high impact changes. They should also focus on applications of matterport in other sectors apart from real estate.

The matterport site itself gave me the idea of applications in hospitality. But the floor plan view and the dollhouse view are not useful for the clients in hospitality. It is only useful for real estate. Also I strongly feel that if an option is available to disable these features it can surely improve the loading speeds.

Hope you guys agree with me.
Post 88 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for this forum
SO many valuable questions are answered here without my creating a ticket

Thank you
Post 89 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tejas_mithapelli Thanks!

Here are:

101 Uses for Matterport 3D Showcase Tours

Other uses to add to the list?

Dan
Post 90 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan was this list ever addressed by MP and recapped for the MUG?
I would love to know if they are pushing forward on any of these, especially the audio feature which I think narration would be a very cool upgrade.
Post 91 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@HarlanHambright

Thanks cool! Seems like Matterport could automate these panos ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @HarlanHambright
I typically deliver wider still shots than Matterport provides, though you would not want a wider view during a tour. So I experimented with a recent model saving multiple views from a single scan and merging in Photoshop. The default result is a cylindrical panorama which I then warped to somewhat mitigate the curvature. With a little extra work the final panorama could be created in accurate rectilinear perspective.The final image is 1960x1560 pixels which is a tad better than a default snapshot, though still not the 6000pixel wide photos I deliver typically.

Dan
Post 92 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,
I have not see it after looking thru all the wish list, but was wondering if any body asked to have the ability to run two cameras simultaneously and two Ipads on the same job to speed up job time. The cameras have independent IP addresses so there would be no conflict. The ability to use one or two of the same scans point as a start point on two Ipads then separate the work. This would allow two workers on one job to speed up the ability to do the work. Matterport then could merge the two files together. Since each file could have two of the same scans merging would be very simple. But on large jobs it could cut down the at scene time greatly. We have found that while one is taking photos there is some down time. From a software point this would be no different than merging a new scan into an already existing job. The software has the capability it just needs an avenue to do it.

This is done regularly on 3D scanning.

Ron
Post 93 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

Ron, great idea. Next time I summarize "wish lists" for Matterport, I will add this to the list.

I've been holding off with new "wish list" ideas and suggestions until Showcase 2.0 is released.

Dan
Post 94 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know how disruptive this would be to the standards that Matterport set - but I'd love the Field of View to be a bit wider... sure, it might exaggerate things a bit - but I feel that the tours make the rooms look smaller -- psychologically. Adding a bit of distortion to make things look wider would be a good thing.
Post 95 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Actually you can change the Field of View depending on the ratio you set.

The default is 853x480 but if you change it to 853x150 you get this:

http://renderingspace.com/field-of-view-demo
Post 96 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
RenderingSpace: Thank you so much! That makes a HUGE difference. How would you feel if the full screen mode option letterboxed the tours so that it could [sort of] retain the FOV? I love what you guys are doing in the northwest. You have a fantastic site presentation!
Post 97 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Jamie
It's a shame we can't upload a different picture. Since I do the photography, I'm always a little disappointed with the photo quality from the MP. It is as good as its current technology will allow, however having the ability to add a different photo as a front page would be nice.
I hope the next gen camera has a better camera with exposure and white balance options
Post 98 IP   flag post
pheller private msg quote post Address this user
How about a "Features" list for certain items in a house in the Showcase, with the ability to add links.

Imagine being able to click on an item in a house and link to a detail page, or shopping cart! This would be amazing for product companies. This is what "product placement" was supposed to be.

We might even be able to charge companies (alarm companies, moving companies, painting companies, etc) for the placement and provide the service at a reduced cost to our core clients.
Post 99 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that this feature is indeed going be out in the next rev under the guise of 'mattertags'. I could be, but hope I am not, wrong. Want to hear from anyone else on it.
Post 100 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pheller @cdpmedia

I write about Matterport Showcase 2.0 in this We Get Around blog post.

The post includes a discussion of Matterport Mattertags ...

Matterport Showcase 2.0 Rocks for 3D Photographers and Real Estate Agents

Mattertags is a (coming soon) exciting new feature that opens up many integrated marketing opportunities, including those listed by @pheller.

Best,

Dan
Post 101 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mikeE
I wish you could do all of the ipad tasks on the main site.
Post 102 IP   flag post
101641 102 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?