Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CBREColliersMatterport Competes with MSPs

MSP applications closed to new users11643

036360 private msg quote post Address this user
I find it unfair that for those of us with big clients, such as Colliers and CBRE, if those clients can no longer hire us directly, and we can't become a MSP and still possibly service those clients.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@036360

You might try: msp@matterport.com to see if you can participate in the:

Matterport Capture Services Program

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Competes with MSPs

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I never received any info from Matterport about their Capture Service program. Wonder why not...I do a few scans in the Chicagoland market.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@036360 - Fairness has never been a priority of the Board of Directors at Matterport. The CEO's primary objective in saving his job is to appease board members, followed by investors over clients, leaving employees last on the list.

@ahagert - wrote up a beautiful piece in the piece explaining how the brand will loose to benefit the investors. I strongly suggest reading the full write up "Matterport Recruiting Matterport Service Providers to Compete with MSPs.

Pick your battles. I'm willing to bet the fairness angle won't get you very far with this setup. I believe your time is better spent studying what is being offered and beat out the big boy highlighting your abilities over an inconsistent blanket product. Good Luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I never got an invite to the new program, so I'm definitely going to add other "tour flavors" to my business - and there's cool stuff out there. Just having a hard time finding a Insta360 One X unless there's another camera I should consider. Theta Z1 looks nice, but I'm still in the hole from my original Pro2 3D purchase 2.5 years ago.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I believe they have invited everyone to attend their webinar about Capture tech program. Those who have expressed their interested to attend and have 20 or more models have received an offer to register for Capture tech program. It does not mean though that you will get jobs from Matterport under this program.

I have found one developer in Brisbane who has Colliers International logo at the bottom of their website. I have decided not to bother them because of that.
I do not know how many other brisbane companies work under or with this company. Colliers International at least has an australian website.

However after googling I see there is no Engel & Völkers in Australia at all. So I am not really expecting anything from this program with these clients but if Matterport send any job to me I will see how it goes.

And about MSP, I am sure some USA colleagues can say they have got something from it. I got only two dead leads from it with the recent one coming with hotmail address, no phone number or details. They do not even care to reply to my email.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

screen grab.

Hi All,

For those that qualify, but did not get an invite, I had suggesting emailing: msp@matterport.com

A WGAN Member whom did, sent me this auto-reply from this email address (above).

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Damn. The Pro2 3D is an excellent camera. There are candidates to substitute Matterport, but they are Amazing. I need to do this with less scans, work quicker, get paid the same, and there is competition in software and Cameras. Now I am deciding between Qooocam8K & Theta Z1. Insta360 is out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GETMYVR

To participate in the Matterport Capture Services Program, you might try: support@matterport.com

(If you do, please let us know what they say.)

About your decision between QooCam 8K and Ricoh Theta Z1, does it matter that (presently), only the Ricoh Theta Z1 works with Matterport platform? Ricoh Theta Z1 works with Zillow 3D Tours (not sure if the QooCam 8K does).

This might be helpful to your decision:

Are you a 3D/360º Camera Manufacturer? The Must Have Killer Feature is ...

Plus ...

WGAN List of 50+ 3D/360º Cameras for Virtual Tours

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?