Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Shane private msg quote post Address this user
I'm experimenting with scanning objects. I have just finished scanning my Honda Goldwing 1800 motorbike and it is currently uploading.
I can't wait to see how it turns out... frustrating waiting for the upload and then the processing, but I find something to do while I wait.

I ran into a few problems whilst scanning. About half way through I noticed the scan locations were not lining up with where I had scanned. Had to delete about 8 scans. I was scanning in my driveway which has a slight slop. It seems there is not a great amount of tolerance for having the Matterport horizontal. After getting a level and checking it for each move the scans were positioned correctly in the app. Of course I still have to wait for the final result.

My idea if this works out, I have an idea that bike and motor enthusiasts might like to use the Matterport process when selling their vehicles.

I like trying new things and pushing the boundaries on things. Gess that why I broke all my toys when I was a kid.

So, I'll come back to this post with the finished result for ya all to have a look see.

Bye for now.

Shane
Post 1 IP   flag post
geoffllerena private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking of scanning one of my car that I'm gonna sell too. I'm definitely curious to see the result!!

Cheers
Post 2 IP   flag post
LookingGlass private msg quote post Address this user
We recently did 20 car for a local car dealer and here is one of the cars.

2011 BMW 325 D
Link:
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=icaJaSKsSqt
Post 3 IP   flag post
geoffllerena private msg quote post Address this user
That is pretty cool I have to say!! Is it going well inside the car when it's aligning?
Thx
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yes, once we figured out how to rig the mount is was easy. We only get an error every once in awhile.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@LookingGlass You Have Just Blown Me Away

The three perimeters and internals are exactly as the scans need to be. I could almost smell the leather upholstery I can't say enough about how well that has worked. I did all my Goldwing scans up close. I can see I will have needed the outer scans to get the big picture.

Can't wait to see my results.

Just goes to show, there is so much that the Matterport can be used for if you think out of the box (or rooms).
Post 6 IP   flag post
The hardest part was figuring out the exact distance to make the outer scans and then allowing us to open the doors on the inter scans. Once we got that down, it was easy.

Good luck!
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's not only the distances, I see you have the scans much higher on the outer perimeter and lower as you come in closer.

I want to ask you more but I understand that I may be putting you in a position in doing so.

Anyway, well done. If your doing that many cars I guess real estate is the last thing on your mind.
Post 8 IP   flag post
No problem. We still do a lot of real estate but the cars is something we just fell into.

We are getting ready to buy our second camera very soon because our scheduled scans are starting to overlap.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Are the scan points shown in the showcase the only scans you do or are there more that you hide in showcase?

Talking with Matterport on the idea of scanning the bike I was told that I would be better off doing a circuit of low scans and then repeat with eye level scans then hide the low level scans. This was to enable a stronger mesh build up.

I see your scan points are very geometrical and symmetric does it work with just those points?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ok here is my first result.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EDM7myS8VGh
As I picked after seeing @LookingGlass scans I should have had a run of scans at a greater distance. I should have been more symmetrical as well. I hid all the lower scans but I don't think I needed to produce them unless I was having problems with alignment.

The Black areas are where I trimmed in the app. I am uploading again without the trims. I don't think I needed them.

Doing the scan indoors would have been much better and a scan from each seat would have topped it off.

Anyway, a great thank you again to @LookingGlass
Post 11 IP   flag post
@LookingGlass Just wanted to add that your model flows very well when you use the A & D keyboard keys for left and right movement whilst steering the rotation with left and right arrow keys.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?