Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanProblemsStrategy

Long Term Matterport Approach and Exit Strategy11613

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this on the Facebook Matterport Users Group and thought it was worth a discussion as well on this forum.

From Gregory A Dunbar:

“ Hi all, new to the group and fairly new to matterport. I know pricing isn't discussed here and I'm not looking for how much to charge, but rather a question about how to do matterport tours cost effectively for businesses. For properties for sale, matterport hosting makes sense because once the property sells, you can delete the space from your account. But I see a lot of people do them for businesses to advertise their storefronts, and I get some inquiries for this as well. How exactly does that work? I'm under the assumption that businesses would want them forever, not just temporarily. So charging the business a premium fee is fine. But even on the highest hosting account I can only have 100 spaces, so what happens if I do 100 matterport tours for businesses?? I could see that filling up quickly. And then the other problem is, realistically, I won't be in business forever and pay for the Matterport subscription until I die. So that's a barrier to a business wanting to hire me for one.

Do you guys make the client open their own matterport account and give you access?

Edit: For example recently a college campus wanted a Matterport tour from me. But they wanted it forever, for obvious reasons (this college has been around for 100 years and will probably be around for 100 more). I just couldn't promise that to them.”

END

I would also add, if one would want to “retire” or “exit” the Matterport business irregardless of the other discussions on this forum, what is a good strategy to sell or dispose of your book of business? In this scenario, a turnkey business to own with 300 active properties, Classic Plan and Pro 2 camera and all the necessary gear.

Thanks in advance for any thoughtful insights.
Post 1 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
Your exit strategy would be to sell the camera and keep the annuity of hosting fees as long as possible and pass it on when you die.
Post 2 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
And the long term strategy is to charge hosting fees.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdawg
I would also add, if one would want to “retire” or “exit” the Matterport business irregardless of the other discussions on this forum, what is a good strategy to sell or dispose of your book of business? In this scenario, a turnkey business to own with 300 active properties, Classic Plan and Pro 2 camera and all the necessary gear.

Thanks in advance for any thoughtful insights.

When you want to exist the business - and have recurring revenue - that would be interesting to see if someone would be willing to pay you a premium for the transition of the accounts and active models.

Since you are a professional photographer, I wonder if the client would be willing to have you transfer the business to someone else; meaning that they wanted you (versus the person that you are trying to transition to the photography business.)

Please keep us posted on your thinking on this topic.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
JayInLA private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same dilemma myself, I’ve heard a lot of people only use Matterport for their house tours and then they use another platform for their business tours.

And now that Matterport is now going into competition with its own customers that they’ve sold equipment to and that use their services, this is extremely off putting to me and a lot of other people within the industry and for that reason now a lot of people are moving away from the Matterport platform specifically because of that reason, as well as a few other reasons such as they are priced higher than other platforms, they don’t offer a bracketing /upload option and they own your images for 10 years even if you delete it (not sure if that’s true, but thats what I’ve been told)...

I personally like the Matterport platform specifically their transitions and dollhouse as well as the ease of use, but with the above mentioned competition and other issues I am hesitant to use them which I would like to, but they would need to stop going into competition with their customers because that will only drop the price in which we paid because they will want their cut for the referral first which means we will get paid less than if we were to go to the client directly. And they will need to lower their pricing and also offer uploading of your own edited images.

I am somewhat new to the industry, but I do have a lot of people that I know within it and this is what I’ve been told by them... Not sure how much of it is 100% accurate, but again it’s what I’ve been told by people that have been doing this for a while.

Please let me know if anything that I’ve mention and/or been told is inaccurate or incorrect, thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101737 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?