Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseWish List

Matterport 3D Showcase Wish List116

alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Would like to see a keyboard shortcut to jump between floors. Lots of keyboard controls for everything else but jumping floors would be good.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Ok wishlist for the new showcase.

1 Matterport Branding is getting more and more obtusive. Nothing, then 1/3 of the load time, now full load time in color. Hard for us to get business when matterport is cannibalizing this network.

2. Why get rid of the icons for floor plan and dollhouse? I hate the word dollhouse because it is a subconscious (or conscious) deterrent for most a large portion of male viewers. Do you like playing with dolls? I mean do you like the dollhouse? It is emasculating. Keep the icon, loose the text or change it so something like "3D overview" or "DH view" even..
Post 52 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I've no doubt that MatterTags will be a hit. I hope that beyond tagging objects, we'll also be able to do the following:

- Search by tag (e.g. find this artifact)
- Filter by tag (e.g. find all artifacts made in China)
- Thumbnails (e.g. here is what this artifact looks like)
- Navigate to tag (e.g. jump to artifact in walkthrough mode)
- Wayfinding (e.g. Show me on a floormap where this artifact is located based on where I’m now)
- iFrame support (e.g. I can show an image, video, PDF, or multimedia presentation about the artifact)
- Storytelling mode (e.g. playlist of artifacts with narrations that automatically advance)
Post 53 IP   flag post
New to version 2.0, after transitioning from dollhouse into initial starting view there is about 1.5 seconds while the camera rotates and pans to the starting point. During this time if you try to go anywhere or open up dollhouse view the 3D Showcase is unresponsive.

Also when playing the guided tour when you click play or next the showcase is unresponsive during the slow travel and pan time.

If you click on something it should override (or at least accelerate). For instance if you click the "next slide" thing and then click again as it slowly takes you from a to b it should speed it up.
Post 54 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
don't know if this has been put already (I presume yes) but we should have a way to blur some sections for privacy, it's a seller brake to my point of you to not have this option.
Post 55 IP   flag post

lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I wish if you had hidden scans in the workspace, but then had to upload again, those scans would remain hidden rather than having to do it all again.
Post 56 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Introducing Skydio 3D Scan™ | Video courtesy of Skydio YouTube Channel | 13 July 2020

@MeshImages thank you for sending me the link to this (above) video.

Dan

---

Include aerial video in Matterport Showcase (MPEmbed already enables this.)
Post 57 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Video: How to Work With 360 Markups and the 360 MarkupList in HoloBuilder | Video courtesy of HoloBuilder YouTube Channel | 3 June 2021

Hi All,

Seems like a "wish list" item for Matterport Capture and Workshop?

From the HoloBuilder YouTube Channel

Learn how to work with 360 Markups and the 360MarkupList in the JobWalk App and in the Web Editor.

HoloBuilder (https://www.holobuilder.com) is the fast & secure Construction Progress Management platform, powered by 360° Photo Capture. Proven & trusted by 59% of ENR TOP 100 Contractors.

HoloBuilder is the fastest and easiest way to document construction site progress with 360° Photo Capture in a secure SaaS cloud environment, covering all phases of the project lifecycle. With a super-fast and efficient workflow, you can create a Digital Progress Record of your job site and access it remotely from anywhere.

HoloBuilder provides a complete Digital Progress Record of construction activities including who, what, where, when, why, and how - eliminating doubt.
• Track and analyze daily or weekly site progress in 360°
• Reduce documentation time by 80%
• Know current site condition anytime and from anywhere
• Create impressive handover documents for owners
• Build trust & collaboration among team members & stakeholders

HoloBuilder Use Cases Include:
• As-Built Documentation
• Site Planning
• Progress Tracking
• In-Wall & Pre-Pour Documentation
• OAC Meeting Visuals
• Change Order & RFI Documentation

Source: HoloBuilder YouTube Channel
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Zillow Interactive Floor Plan Demo | Video courtesy of Zillow YouTube Channel | 14 October 2021

1. 2D Schematic Floor Plan replaces native floor plan view
2. Add Interactive floor plan feature: 1) know where you are; 2) click on floor plan view to locate spot in 3D tour

Dan
Post 59 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Ability in Matterport Workshop to place a Floor Plan icon at the top and bottom of steps (such that when you click on the icon, you skip walking down the steps). For clarification, clicking on the icon takes you either to the top or bottom of the landing.
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
About Matterport Search Space feature

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Meidansha
It’s a great feature. It unfortunately makes my Mpembed tag menues on most of my more in depth tours kind of obsolete.

On the other hand it’s not intrinsic in most cases and unless you know what to look for and what the magnifier icon means it’s kind of lost on the audience.

The idea of opening a menu from an icon is a step in the right direction. Especially when thinking about smart phone UI. Perhaps the expandable menu would be better on smartphone while on desktop have it expanded at default and have the option to collapse instead?
Post 61 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport (MTTR) Cuts 30% Of Workforce- What Does This Mean For Matterport And The Operators? | Video courtesy of Jon MacKnight Momentum 360 YouTube Channel | 14 July 2023

At 3:48 (video above) Jon MacKnight suggests enabling Google AdSense within Matterport tours
Post 62 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The following "wish list" item was posted to this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Showcase Plugin: Add Salesperson Pop-up Info/Photo/Company Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster6070
Use cases are endless. Could be contact info for an event coordinator if it's a wedding venue, ballroom, or conference center.

A sales person for any type of theater, music hall, dealership. What would be cool is if it could change depending on your location in the model.

For example, Microcenter has Matterport scans of their store. What if the contact person and info changed as you moved from one department to another.
Post 63 IP   flag post
101435 63 13