Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Newbies

What would you do differently if you were just starting out as a MSP today?11593

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A new Matterport Service Provider writes ...

Suggestions?

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jacobpmac
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jacob and I have just started a company to provide 3d virtual tours. My website is almost finished and I am waiting on a business license. I come from a construction background (residential) which is where I learned how to use the Matterport Pro camera. I was tasked with scanning all of our completed projects that were used as marketing material.

Are there any suggestions a veteran would like to give me? What would you do differently if you had to start from scratch? What are the biggest challenges you have had to over come? Most importantly, how competitive is this market?

I am currently a one man team, so everything falls on my shoulders. This includes marketing, sales, and operations. I am excited to provide value to my clients, but I am a little nervous getting my company off the ground!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Proceed slowly...the industry is in the process of undergoing fundamental change. Partially in response to Covid-19, but more importantly because of the rapid change in technologies powering the industry. Dont commit to any one platform and be as financially nimble as possible in order to be able to adapt to the inevitable changes to come this year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
What I have learned is the front end is quite easy to implement. Takes equipment and some clients and you start doing scans or imaging.
The back end of editing, cropping, and putting in different clients desires like music or voice and even the tags, is where the time and costs come into play.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Find a mentor that has reached the level of success that you are looking to achieve and is willing to invest their time into you. A good mentor will save you money and more importantly, will save you time!
This is a great forum, but there is so much information, it can be difficult to ingest. A mentor can help you cut through the noise and guide you through what you need to know based on where you are in the business.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101636 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?