Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCoronavirusCOVID19IndustryProblems

Received this morning: "You will be reported to [CO] state officials."11588

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Well, looks like someone is mad that I'm still working. Now, there has been TONS of confusion about rather or not if Photography/Virtual Tours are essential. I have still yet to see anything saying we are banned from doing business. I have seen peoples interpretations...some say we are not supposed to be working and some say we can. Just depends on what Realtor you talk to.

Anyone ...can you point to something concrete in Colorado???

Patrick

Message I received:

Subject: Essential?

Message Body:
How are you still operating? Pictures/video hardly seems essential!

You will be reported to state officials.

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Pixelray Photography (http://pixelrayphotography.com)
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Reported to whom and what can they do anyway ?
Just saying
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

You are a vendor to the real estate community. They are explicitly called "essential" in many guiding documents. You also are an on-site operator of SaaS (software as a service) programs that are used to promote education and commerce - also explicitly considered essential in the same guiding documents.

Kindly inform them of this and let them know that false reporting is the basis for criminal / civil liability.

I can't point to Colorado, but if they rely on DHS guidelines in any formulation of their order, then you should be good. If realtors are allowed to work, you should surely be allowed to work.

Good luck, Stay safe (and don't worry)-

Keith
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
We have this guy here...legal rep for Colorado Association of Realtors, and his "interpretation" of the most recent executive order was that we aren't supposed to work.

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That runs contrary to the guidance by DHS / NHS / others.

Contact an attorney.

KF
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
But again ...it's his interpretation. I have yet to see, "Photographers are not considered essential" or "Photographers will be fined..."

I just would like something concrete.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
What we do allows for some businesses to continue while allowing social distancing. Email a reply to this person saying "Go ahead and make sure you get my name right!"

Then reach out to local media and try to get some free press about you're your helping and not hurting the system.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Foxwrth13...great idea!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

This will also depend on state guidelines Washington State for instance I can shoot as long as there is no more than two people in the home (myself plus one other) In Idaho it is less stringent

I still prefer the home to be vacated prior to shooting as it moves along quicker and is safer for all
Post 9 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/codora/bulletins/2859522

After receiving this, I confirmed with SMDRA, a local Realtor Assn Board in south metro, that all entities involved in a real estate transaction prior to a signed buy/sell contract between buyer and seller, are considered non-essential.

Also, for reference in the short term, my understanding is that the stay at home order issued by our governor ends this coming Sunday (unless extended).

Regardless of the above, I look forward to the event where I am arrested for doing a media shoot at a property where I am the only person in the house, who is wearing gloves, a mask and booties. My one call from jail will be to an ACLU attorney.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
My opinion is to always err on the side of caution. I know in Michigan, realtors are not essential business and it is laid out clearly on the state web site. We have a 20-page list of FAQ where they detail questions about what is and isn't covered. You might want to check your state website. I think we all understand what we do is safe, there is no way for a state to site every single business and industry that could work safely. In our state, the fines are real. If you get the wrong officer coming at you, s/he could give you $1000 fine and charge you with breaking the order. Chances are they might give you a warning. Personally, it's not worth taking that chance but as has been said, every state is different. Call your Attorney Generals office or your Governors office for clarification.
Post 11 IP   flag post
botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
In NY realtors are told to do virtual showings as in person is banned statewide. I don't know how well those work but if that is all they can work with they're going to need someone to provide the service. Essential construction is allowed along with inspections, appraisals, etc. and there is a provision which allows for sole proprietors to operate if they only have one employee. It's going to vary from state to state and even within localities but it is ever changing and for someone to threaten you like that is disgusting. They don't care about public health they care about making other people's lives miserable. Check your governors guidelines and look for loopholes that apply to you and obviously take all precautions. Like lilnitsch said there is no reason other people should even be there.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Send them this link to this video - https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/looking-to-buy-a-home-most-home-tours-now-online-to-help-prevent-spread-of-coronavirus
Post 13 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray,

Looks like a spammy troll IMO.

It appears that someone else has reported them. 🤣

Check out the email address it came from. I would just ignore it and not give it a second thought.

God Bless,
Chris
Post 14 IP   flag post
photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
Just saw Gov Polis' press conference. Looks like the order will end on the 27th, BUT, restaurants will remain as it is now. Looks like other businesses, like haircuts, will open with specific restrictions.

Regarding real estate, 1 on 1 showing will begin again, but, no open-houses.

In addition, some counties, including mine, have requested to use their own discretion to make the rules.

So.....in a week, it looks like we will be able to go back to work.....legally!
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?