Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaHow toNick Powell Photography YouTube ChannelPano2VRPlatformsTrainingVideo

Video: 3DVista - 360 Virtual Tour Software - Top 10 Features!11570

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: 3D Vista - 360 Virtual Tour Software - Top 10 Features! | Video courtesy of Nick Powell Photography YouTube Channel | 1 April 2020

Hi All,

If you are using 3DVista, what are your thoughts?

Dan

P.S. WGAN List of 130+ 3D/360 Virtual Tour Hosting Software/Platforms
Post 1 IP   flag post
england921 private msg quote post Address this user
3D Vista is my go to virtual tour program. The features they offer is advanced and their support team is very responsive. I chose 3DVista because it is a program I could purchase and download to my computer. I do not like the expensive monthly fees of Matterport, so I opted to go in the 3DVista direction. There are no monthly fees for 3DVista. They do offer hosting or you can publish your tours and host on your own server. For me, it was a bit of a learning curve but I managed to master it and now use it for my clients. You are also able to download a trial to play with it first, which I did. 3DVista will also be releasing update in the next few weeks or so which will add even more user friendly features. Worth the investment if you are in this for the long term and want to offer more features to your clients.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I am working with many of the available 360 online platforms like roundme, kuula and seekbeak and also with some popular software solutions like Pano2vr, panotour pro and krpano. All of them are great and have their advantages.

But 3D Vista is by far the best solution for me. It has endless possibilities in features and customization. The VR capabilities are outstanding. It offers built in Google analytics. And if you have the routines you can edit tours super-fast, almost as fast and comfortable as in roundme.

And the best will probably be coming soon.

As I have read in the 3Dvista Facebook group, they are working on a depthmaps tool. In the first step depthmaps will automatically be created from stereo pairs (e.g. from insta360 pro). With a depthmap you can take measurements in the pano, view a dollhouse-like floorplan and walk through a 3D space (transitions). With this feature installed and working 3DVista can grow to my personal first choice versus Matterport 3D tours (but not versus Matterport for AEC). I could imagine that the 3D-tour shooting with insta360 pro and 3D-tour-creation in 3Dvista will take an equal amount of time compared to Matterport with a Pro2 camera.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Dan! You should know better by now than to ask me "what are your thoughts?" Okay, you asked for it.

Let's talk about 3DVista, which some users call VT Pro. During the past stay-at-home month, I've been learning this software, which is not for the faint-of-heart. This is a massive, complex, POWERFUL application which unlike RicohTours, NodalView or EyeSpy360 cannot be learned in an afternoon (all of those CAN, which is to their credit.)

But let me backup. 3DVista came to my attention thanks to Ben Claremont, in a video where he compared a slew of 360 tour-making applications. For everyone out there who wants to learn more about Matterport alternatives, sign up to Ben's Virtual Tour Pro education course, study his massive collection of videos and you'll become an expert, setting yourself apart from your competition. I LOVE Ben's videos as he jams a ton of information into short, concise lessons. No, I'm not on his payroll, I just think he's done us all a service by spending the time to gather the information and organize it.

Okay, back to 3DVista. I need to paint a picture (I'm not as concise as Ben, sorry.) If you do video, you know there is iMovie on one end and then there is Adobe Premiere for professionals. If you do photography, there is Apple's Photos (formerly iPhoto) and there is Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Are you following me? Well, among 360° Tour-making applications there are many you can learn in an afternoon, and then there is 3DVista. This is the "After Effects" of 360° Tour software. Anything you want to do, it can do. Want to change a hotspot icon? There are hundreds of choices in the software AND if you want more you can get them from the 3DVista Marketplace, or even create your own! Want to change the color or transparency of the radar effect on your Floor Plans? Duh, of course you can! Want to build a 360 tour of a 20+ acre residential community with over 120 panos using an aerial map of the property as a floor plan? Yes you can. I know because I ambitiously (or stupidly) chose this as my first dive into 3DVista. It's nearly done now. I'll share it as soon as the client permits.

It was daunting at first, but I'm so happy to be learning this as it opens an entirely new world of 360 Virtual Tour creation, and here's the real message:

THIS IS A WORLD WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF MATTERPORT.

This cannot be Uber-ized. Learn this software and you'll never be the victim of Matterport's race-to-the-bottom, "anyone can do it" syndrome. You'll be a professional, and when the Pentagon asks for a tour of the entire place, your arm with shoot up like an eager first-grader with the correct answer. 3DVista is the most powerful 360 tour application which does not require computer coding. It takes commitment to learn, but they have lots of training videos and once your eyes are opened, it's a new Virtual Tour world.

Go get 'em.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages @Home3D

Thank you for your detailed replies.

If/when possible, please do start a new WGAN Forum discussion with an example of a 3DVista tour that you created and anything notes that you would like to share about what you created.

Stay healthy,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3D Vista, but do not use it on a constant basis. As mentioned above, there is a lot to learn here versus Matterports click and stitch. The communication lines are open in many different avenues with responsive support. The files are large where hosting your own or on a server get tricky. You need to spend a lot of time learning this tech where opportunities can open up to shoot big ticket jobs for large spaces such as hotels or convention space. If there is any one detail you want to adjust in your tour, this software can do it. It's amazing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
davedion private msg quote post Address this user
The one feature I don't like about a lot of competitive products is their inability to do a walk through. I prefer an auto start walkthrough as I believe it enhances the user experience. I searched everywhere and I do not see this as an option in 3D Vista. Did I miss something? Thank you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@davedion - 3DVista needs a better demo, but this will give you a quick tease.

Go to this link:
clickable text

3DVista calls it Auto-Pilot. I haven't learned this part yet, but here's my take. It's more involved to program than Matterport Showcase tour, however it's also more powerful, like everything in 3DVista.

You can set "control points" telling the auto-pilot where to rotate to. It can stop on the fridge, for example, while a photo of a SubZero opens up automatically (can't do that with a Mattertag). Then it could rotate to a the range and a video of a chef demonstrating the Viking range plays. And each pano can have it's own, custom audio recording, so you can narrate a tour which plays appropriately from room to room whether on auto-tour or manually walked-through. Mind you, I haven't learned this yet, but 3DVista has everything. And a big roll-out of additional features is expected next week, I've heard.

This is not for the tour-maker who wants to just shoot some panos, upload them an go home. It's for professionals who want to offer the best to clients who value the best, whether residential or commercial. If you want the quick and easy, crater your rates and labor for the Matterport overlords.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not think many have seen this feature of 3DVista
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
This is not for the tour-maker who wants to just shoot some panos, upload them an go home. It's for professionals who want to offer the best to clients who value the best, whether residential or commercial. If you want the quick and easy, crater your rates and labor for the Matterport overlords.

I do not use 3DVista but I have a Pano2VR Pro license. I can confirm there is a big learning curve with this type of tour builders. However if you use just a few skin templates constantly it is not going to be hard to build a new tour.

The only problem you really need to use it frequently. I spent extra 2 days to learn how to do a custom tour in Pano2VR because I had a client who needed a custom built tour. Then there was no need for such a thing for months. Then another client came and of course I forgot how I did the first one and the learning curve started again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
thevirtualtourguys private msg quote post Address this user
@davedion Yes there is an "Auto Pilot" feature within 3D Vista that enables you to choose way points and completely customise the walkthrough so it plays automatically.
Post 11 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Super-cool new Gamification and E-learning feature release in 3DVista. These people have pace!

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
I just spent the last five weeks learning 3DVista. It’s fabulous. I’m just completing my first tour which has 160+ panos and hundreds of links with custom icons, many of which I created. Everything here is customizable.

As much as I’ve learned, I know I’ve barely scratched the surface.

If you lament that Matterport is promoted as “anyone can do it” which helps to drive fees into the floor, don’t fret. Drop Matterport and move to 3DVista. It’s not simple but nothing this powerful is, and if you master this, you’ll be an elite fighter pilot, not an Uber driver.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101646 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?