Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Do you like the term "Matterport Capture Technician™"?11569

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Sunday, 19 April 2020:

Do you like the term "Matterport Capture Technician™ "?

(That's Matterport's new, trademark term for a Matterport Service Provider, as announced in the Matterport Capture Services Webinar on Thursday, 16 April 2020.)

I will start it off. I prefer the term: Chief Photographer

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
How about "Virtualizer"
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
What about Matterport MESH Artist
Post 3 IP   flag post
PeterWolf private msg quote post Address this user
3D-Photographer
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
How about "delivery boy"? That's what they want us to be, and how they want to pay us, so let's be honest here.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
No, don't like it. I don't feel like a technician... I was, I am and I will always be a photographer. In this case a 3D photographer. Or Matterport PRO...
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@JanHamorsky - we all have to face the music. Going forward, if we shoot Matterport, we're now "capture technicians." The company's message will never change. "Anyone with a MP camera can to it. Our technicians are all the same."

I'll make you a bet. It's only a matter of time until Matterport releases an app like Uber - click the nearest, or quickest "capture technician" who will rush to your property.

Anyone want to bet against me?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
I'll make you a bet. It's only a matter of time until Matterport releases an app like Uber when you can click and the nearest, or quickest to respond "capture technician" will rush to your property.

@Home3D

This app is not necessarily bad, but should NOT be from Matterport.

In my upcoming Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 3 - I will write about how Matterport should have handled enterprise companies seeking an "easy button" to order from Matterport Service Providers.

Plus, I will address why the app you described (above) should NOT come from Matterport.

Patience please. Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 2 will be published in the WGAN Forum the week of 20 April 2020.

Here is Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 2.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
My point is that if ANYONE provides an app like this, it’s the end of professionalism in Matterport services. Because price will be the only driver. Doesn’t matter whether the app is from Matterport or someone else.

In any city today you can still call a taxi if you wish rather than Uber, but who does?

Dan, I’m intrigued to hear your analysis. You’re better informed than me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
My point is that if ANYONE provides an app like this, it’s the end of professionalism in Matterport services. Because price will be the only driver. Doesn’t matter whether the app is from Matterport or someone else.

Thank you for your patience for my explanation why. Mark your calendar to beat me up, after I publish Part 3.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
cswartz private msg quote post Address this user
Over 4 years of dedicated Technical Services, I have yet to be invited to a F|%*{!<% party. I might go on strike or something.
Post 11 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Let’s form our own Union and negotiate?
Post 12 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
On a serious note, I am looking to buy a 360 camera that offers something close to MP. I think i’d like to offer clients a menu of service level alternatives. Any thoughts?
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
@JanHamorsky - we all have to face the music. Going forward, if we shoot Matterport, we're now "capture technicians." The company's message will never change. "Anyone with a MP camera can to it. Our technicians are all the same."

I'll make you a bet. It's only a matter of time until Matterport releases an app like Uber - click the nearest, or quickest "capture technician" who will rush to your property.

I don't want to bet against you 🙂
I partially agree with you, I also think the app like this will come sooner or later. For me, Matterport is an additional service to DSLR photo and video, so I will continue to call myself a real estate photographer 😁 until Matterport eats the whole market here and I get jobless ... But it takes time: according to their announcements, they will start their new capture service in only five European countries and Slovakia is not among them... so I am a lucky man 🙏
Post 14 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
For the last 4 years, I have labelled myself with my business "Chief Photography Officer", This year I changed my title to "Chief Immersive Officer". I'm slowly dropping Matterports naming on all my material.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101629 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?