Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AnalysisCommentaryMatterport Competes with MSPs

In 2014, I Proposed What is Now: Matterport Capture Services Business Model11566

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod presenting the We Get Around WalkAround 3D tour solution to 600+ at Atlanta Tech Village Monday, 29 September 2014.

In 2014, I Proposed What is Now: Matterport Capture Services Business Model

Hi All,

In 2014, I proposed what is now the Matterport Capture Services business model.

Analysis: How the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers Will Accelerate Adoption of Matterport 3D Showcase Cloud Processing and Hosting

It was never my intent that Matterport be the company that offered this solution. More on that later.

In my analysis, I wrote (in part):
_____
The We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers will dramatically accelerate the adoption Matterport 3D Showcase Walk-Arounds by enabling regional, national, and global brands to easily, quickly, seamlessly and affordably scale 3D Showcase content creation. The Network will generate cloud processing and hosting revenue for Matterport because the Network solves the challenge of scale for big brands.

Global hotel brands, for example, need to get one price; one bill; one Matterport Cloud account; and one point-of-contact company to coordinate simultaneous photo shoots across the globe.

While the Matterport 3D Showcase solution has only been possible since July 2014, imagine how a hypothetical Matterport sales call might have gone differently with Best Western in 2013 when this major hotel brand engaged Google to create Streetviews of all 2,200 of its North America hotels by the end of 2014. Travel tech-trade TNOOZ estimates Best Western paid Google $2+ million for this year-long project.

With the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers – "Yes. Thank you for making it easy, fast, seamless and affordable for Best Western to implement the Matterport 3D Showcase Walk-Around solution. By enabling us to get one quote, place one order with We Get Around for all 2,200 hotels – and having all our Matterport 3D Showcases in one account and all our content created and delivered in the same consistent process, you enable the scale we need to move forward with the Matterport solution, including receiving the objective files in one Dropbox account." Thank you. That's great.
_____

Since then, I decide that rather than We Get Around Network get in the business of one-order-for-multiple-markets, we would make it super-easy for photography agencies and companies like IFTI PROvision Solutions – to source Matterport Pros.

In my upcoming post - Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 3 - I will write about why Matterport should have been supportive of companies and agencies that wanted to provide one order/many markets: not provide this service directly. Plus, I will describe how and why this would have been the best strategy for Matterport, Matterport Service Providers, Matterport Investors and Clients.

I am reprinting my original blog post (below) because I will be referencing this WGAN Forum post later.

Best,

Dan

----

October 26, 2014

Analysis: How the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers Will Accelerate Adoption of Matterport 3D Showcase Cloud Processing and Hosting

Map: Network of Matterport Photographers, Real Estate Agents and related professional service providers – powered by We Get Around.

Tagged: Matterport

The We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers will dramatically accelerate the adoption Matterport 3D Showcase Walk-Arounds by enabling regional, national, and global brands to easily, quickly, seamlessly and affordably scale 3D Showcase content creation. The Network will generate cloud processing and hosting revenue for Matterport because the Network solves the challenge of scale for big brands.

Global hotel brands, for example, need to get one price; one bill; one Matterport Cloud account; and one point-of-contact company to coordinate simultaneous photo shoots across the globe.

While the Matterport 3D Showcase solution has only been possible since July 2014, imagine how a hypothetical Matterport sales call might have gone differently with Best Western in 2013 when this major hotel brand engaged Google to create Streetviews of all 2,200 of its North America hotels by the end of 2014. Travel tech-trade TNOOZ estimates Best Western paid Google $2+ million for this year-long project.

Without a Network of Matterport Photographers – "Yes. In addition to receiving a better viewing experience than Google Streetview – including the floor plan and 'doll-house' views, Best Western would love to have the three-dimensional data – the object file (.obj) as well. Do you have a Network of Matterport photographers that can handle an order for 2,200 hotel properties across North America? While we're happy to pay Matterport for processing and hosting, Best Western does not want to buy the Matterport cameras or train our staff. Can you – or another company – handle this for us?" So sorry. We just sell cameras, we can refer you to individual Matterport photographers. You can contact each of them directly to get pricing; execute agreements, coordinate shoots; explain how you would like the 3D Showcases and .obj files delivered and remit payment to each photographer. Reminder to send each of the photographers a 1099.

With the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers – "Yes. Thank you for making it easy, fast, seamless and affordable for Best Western to implement the Matterport 3D Showcase Walk-Around solution. By enabling us to get one quote, place one order with We Get Around for all 2,200 hotels – and having all our Matterport 3D Showcases in one account and all our content created and delivered in the same consistent process, you enable the scale we need to move forward with the Matterport solution, including receiving the objective files in one Dropbox account." Thank you. That's great.

Now imagine that InterContinnental Hotel is thinking about refreshing its 18,500 360º photo spheres it created in 2011. Another multi-million dollar project.

In less than 30 days since we launched the Network in September, We Get Around can service hundreds of cities among four continents.

The We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers raises all boats:

Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers – photographers receive incrementation new business without the time and energy to develop this new business. This new business is only possible when a big brand can place one order for multiple markets. The photographers simply do their photo shoots and publish their 3D Showcase to the cloud. Plus, photographers can easily refer business to other Matterport photographers knowing that the process works the same in all cities. Matterport can focus its business development resources on big brand opportunities while referring potential photographers to the Matterport User Group Forum [now known as the We Get Around Network Forum] founded and hosted by We Get Around; new Matterport photographers to the Network for additional business opportunities; and potential photo shoot clients such as individual real estate agents and brokers – big and small – to the Network.

For Regional, National and Global Brands – one order for multiple markets.

For Matterport – scale cloud processing and hosting faster than through a 1:1 correlation of Matterport Pro 3D Camera sales. The power of a Network of photographers enables Matterport to offer big brands a fast, easy, affordable and seamless solution.

For We Get Around – We Get Around scales faster by handling the post-production, invoicing and remitting payment to the photographers.

For Referring Business (e.g. San Francisco real estate broker talks up the Matterport solution to brokers in other cities) – the experience is the same: pricing, ordering, coordinating, delivering 3D Showcase content and invoicing.

"We created the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers to make it super-easy, fast and affordable for multi-market companies to have one-stop shopping," said We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod. "Plus, publishing all the 3D Showcases to one Matterport account makes it easy for clients to collaborate with everything in one Content Management (CMS) system."

"While we're happy creating and scaling our Matterport 3D Showcase business in the greater Atlanta area, in the long run, our Network enables We Get Around to grow faster and bigger by servicing the needs of Matterport and its regional, national and global brand clients for cloud processing and hosting," says Dan.

"While Matterport may decide to refer leads from individual real estate agents and brokers it meets at real estate trade shows, by referring these leads to We Get Around, Matterport will help grow the Network faster to enable our Network of photographers to service regional, global and national brands faster resulting in more Matterport processing and hosting and more Matterport photo shoots for our photographers," says Dan. "If I was an investor; advisor; or employee of Matterport with stock options; I would want Matterport to focus on maximizing and scaling processing and hosting opportunities."

"If the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers did not exist, I would recommended that Matterport start a division to provide scale to regional, national and global brands to enable cloud process and hosting," says Dan. "Instead, We Get Around has enhanced the eco-system by creating an additional marketing channel for Matterport– big brands – that will dramatically accelerate the adoption of Matterport 3D Showcase Walk-Arounds and creating additional value to photographers that are considering buying a Matterport Pro 3D Camera and related gear and accessories."

Writing in WIRED, Movidius CEO Remi El-Ouazzane says that computational Imaging [is] The Next Mobile Battlefield. Backed by an additional $16 million, Matterport has already announced plans to accelerate its mobile efforts: resulting in more 3D cloud processing and hosting. Consumer application will drive big business to keep up with the customer's expectations for professionally shot 3D Showcase Walk-Around content: thus, the raison d'être of the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers.

"Add Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus – and related Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) solutions to the mix and you can see why Matterport and the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers are about to explode (in a good way)," says Dan. "We see the future of visual storytelling created by our Network of photographers. It's 3D viewing experiences of real spaces powered by Matterport."

_____

* We Get Around seeks a Matterport pro photographer in this city. Until then, pricing is plus travel expenses.

_____
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod you lost weight and look healthier now
Post 2 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
So they modeled after your idea? What about the Matterport Service PARTNERS Program that was part of the camera sale, you know where they would give us leads. What happened to that? Now they have changed their logo that is not even available, is that correct? No more PARTNERS? I have not see the new logo for that service. Have you or anyone else see those promised leads? Are they now converting those leads into this service?

This creates so many questions none of them that I saw addressed in the last video.

Also I heard there was lots of lay offs recently, is this part of it? Do they not need these people because of this or was there another reason you could speculate on Dan.

Thanks for always being a leader.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101432 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?