Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHow ToMeasurementsReal EstateSellSQFT

How to Calculate Matterport SQ FT for billing purposes?11537

3dprovirtualtours private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

I am fairly new to the Matterport world, but there's gotta be a better way of calculating the square footage. Currently I'm using the measure tool, and calculating each room manually. Definitely not efficient enough.

How is everyone calculating the square footage for billing purposes?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
We typically order floor plans for our clients and the square footage calculation is included. Pre-sales scan estimates are given based on property records and guesstimates based on experience. Good luck with your new business!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Well, one of your fellow forum members here used to have a website for it....he came up with a way to do it without having to buy floorplans. It was awesome, but MP made him take the site down... probably cause they wanted you to purchase their floorplans.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dubai, UAE
michaelakinyemi private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.iit3d.com/me?index=Re2dgaSVCRj

Try this measurement by Jump. Just replace the later part of the link with the scan unique code (Re2dgaSVCRj)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah, I'm not surprised it ended up that way...
I was starting consider ordering floor plans just for the SQFT.

Thank you so much michaelakinyemi! This is exactly what I needed.
Did you develop this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@3dprovirtualtours If your primary concern is billing, why not just look up the property on the local County Assessor's website, or whichever institutional entity in your area/location, who is responsible for estimating values for property tax purposes? I cannot be sure about accuracy of such info in Canada, but in the states, so long as all improvements have been previously permitted, the info is fairly accurate.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dubai, UAE
michaelakinyemi private msg quote post Address this user
@3dprovirtualtours it was developed by JUMP.

see link below
Post 7 IP   flag post
@michaelakinyemi Thanks again! This is perfect.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If I have floor plans I load them into Corel Draw, then draw an outline on top of the floor plan and use some paid but inexpensive add on called e-cut that can tell me a floor area size based on the drawn outline.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelakinyemi Thank you for introduce JuMP free measurement tool link.

@3dprovirtualtours If you want to get more accurate result of measurement you can select to join JuMP member. We have one online tool named JuMP-ME v2.0 that can provide you "Fill hole" and "Cut area" functions to accurate the measurement result.
You can PM me for the detail. And if you can provide one of your Matterport showcase link we can generate a DEMO package include all output from JuMP member services.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 10 IP   flag post
101740 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?